Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: The first diesel engines built by Electric Boat for submarines were installed (1913) in the USS NAUTILUS and SEAWOLF, namesakes of the first nuclear powered submarines, also built by Electric Boat.
A Message To Mr. Bernard
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

RCK
Posted 2008-08-10 8:52 PM (#18411)
Master and Commander

Subject: A Message To Mr. Bernard

According to France's Bernard, they would smash the Americans in the 4 X 100 relay swim. Well Mr. Bernard, those pieces scattered on the ground behind you are your ass!!!! USA USA USA USA!!!!
Blue from West Oz
Posted 2008-08-10 9:37 PM (#18414 - in reply to #18411)

Master and Commander

Subject: Sportsmanship.....

....goes lots of ways.

But I think you will find it to be similar, very similar indeed to when the Americans ( Hall Jr ) in the Sydney Olympics, stated that they ( the USA ) were going to smash the Aussies like guitars.

Funny thing was it was the Aussies who plucked the Yanks strings in the rcae.

You have to talk your self up, it's part of the sportsman/woman psyche

Of course it helps if you can walk the walk after talking the talk!!

Australia now in 4th place......not bad for a nation of a mere 22 million Vs the likes of China with 1.3 Billion and the USA with 300 Million.

Blue *_*
SOB490
Posted 2008-08-11 10:01 AM (#18431 - in reply to #18414)

Old Salt

Subject: RE: Sportsmanship.....

>>>Australia now in 4th place......not bad for a nation of a mere 22 million Vs the likes of China with 1.3 Billion and the USA with 300 Million.

Obviously you have a better gene pool to draw upon, Blue, I mean, what with all those prison ships transporting seedlings to Van Dieman's Land ...
Flapper
Posted 2008-08-11 12:35 PM (#18433 - in reply to #18431)

Master and Commander

Subject: Hold still, Blue ...

SOB490 - 2008-08-11 11:01 AM>>>Australia now in 4th place......not bad for a nation of a mere 22 million Vs the likes of China with 1.3 Billion and the USA with 300 Million. Obviously you have a better gene pool to draw upon, Blue, I mean, what with all those prison ships transporting seedlings to Van Dieman's Land ...

... whilst I pull the barbs of that harpoon out! Heh heh.
RCK
Posted 2008-08-11 1:03 PM (#18434 - in reply to #18414)
Master and Commander

Blue as I recall there were plenty of Aussie high fives and exuberant expressions on the faces of the Aussie fans back then but that is history and the right to celeberate and NEENER! NEENER! the opponent that mouth off then and now before the results are on the board still feels GREAT!!!
Smiley
Posted 2008-08-11 2:05 PM (#18437 - in reply to #18414)
Great Sage of the Sea

Blue from West Oz - 2008-08-11 12:37 AM

....goes lots of ways.

But I think you will find it to be similar, very similar indeed to when the Americans ( Hall Jr ) in the Sydney Olympics, stated that they ( the USA ) were going to smash the Aussies like guitars.

Funny thing was it was the Aussies who plucked the Yanks strings in the rcae.

You have to talk your self up, it's part of the sportsman/woman psyche

Of course it helps if you can walk the walk after talking the talk!!

Australia now in 4th place......not bad for a nation of a mere 22 million Vs the likes of China with 1.3 Billion and the USA with 300 Million.

Blue *_*

Okay Blue.. now you've gone and done it.. Maybe it's because you live on an Island where everyone must swim well in preparation for the day the Aboriginals or Nonoriginals whatever,,,,,, throw your arses off that island. Or eat you all ala Captain Cook....
How many Hockey and snow sking Golds does OZ have ??? huh... hows about Hurling and speed skating huh....?
Ozzy sports are weird.. OZ rules football..Uck.. Rugby... soft girly game...Cricket... Jimminy Cricket!!! Kangaroo tying down,,, say what? Diggery doo.... doing... hide tanning??? but at least there's swimming, Soccer and Golf okay..and Shark Wrestling.. only one winner there eh?? goooooo Jaws..

I'm just pulling you leg Blue... Austria errrrr Austraila,,,,Austerlea,,,, really now OZ is my 2nd favorite team.. I just love Dorothy's chances of beating everyone home to Kansas....
"Ozzy Ozzy Ya! ya! ya!"

Edited by Smiley 2008-08-11 2:11 PM
Blue from West Oz
Posted 2008-08-11 3:13 PM (#18439 - in reply to #18437)

Master and Commander

Smiley - 2008-08-12 4:05 AM

Okay Blue.. now you've gone and done it.. Maybe it's because you live on an Island where everyone must swim well in preparation for the day the Aboriginals or Nonoriginals whatever,,,,,, throw your arses off that island. Or eat you all ala Captain Cook....
How many Hockey and snow sking Golds does OZ have ??? huh... hows about Hurling and speed skating huh....?
Ozzy sports are weird.. OZ rules football..Uck.. Rugby... soft girly game...Cricket... Jimminy Cricket!!! Kangaroo tying down,,, say what? Diggery doo.... doing... hide tanning??? but at least there's swimming, Soccer and Golf okay..and Shark Wrestling.. only one winner there eh?? goooooo Jaws..

I'm just pulling you leg Blue... Austria errrrr Austraila,,,,Austerlea,,,, really now OZ is my 2nd favorite team.. I just love Dorothy's chances of beating everyone home to Kansas....
"Ozzy Ozzy Ya! ya! ya!"

C'mon Smiley, we have won quite a few Gold Medals in thee Winter Olympics, so why would you try top bring that one up? Remember if you can the extremely funny event at the last Winter Olympics when the speed skaters all fell down....except the Aussie who just sailed on by and WON a Gold Medal? lol...that was funny but all part of the game.
Then there are the female aerobatic ski jumpers who kick arse. Hurling I have no idea so you may have me on the ONE sport.

Question, "why did you include Hockey in the Winter side of things?" You have obviously no idea on the sport mate......Hockey, being a Commonwealth game in the main, is something Australia are World Champions at....just the other day the women came back from 1-4 at half time against the Koreans to win 5-4. Our men and women teams are consistently Gold Medal Winners.

Oh, maybe you meant, 'ICE Hockey'? OK, you may have me on that one. ( Best be specific mate )

Laugh all you want Smiley, but take closer look at just what we do win mate......and like I said, you have 15 more to chose from then us, ( population wise ) obviously that DOES make a difference.

We will end the Games in the top 10, a pretty good result I believe.

2004 Olympic Games we won a total of 17 Gold's...in Swimming, Archery, Cycling, Diving, Rowing and Shooting....oh, and in Hockey!

2000 Olympic Games we won a totla of 16 Gold's...in Swimming. Water polo, Volleyball, Tae Kwon Do, Shooting, Sailing, Equestrian, Cycling, Athletics, Archery, oh, and in Hockey

Cheers mate

Blue *_*
Blue from West Oz
Posted 2008-08-11 3:14 PM (#18440 - in reply to #18431)

Master and Commander

Nice one centurion, nice one!

Blue *_*
Smiley
Posted 2008-08-11 7:44 PM (#18454 - in reply to #18411)
Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: RE: A Message To Mr. Bernard

Just pinging Blue.. Of course I know how well Austria does in the Winter games...
BTW how's Winter down there?
whalen
Posted 2008-08-11 8:04 PM (#18457 - in reply to #18411)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: RE: Aussie sports (winter)

Hurling:  after drinking a few Fosters, that's all I want to do....   I know why they put that beer in "oil cans" --- makes it easier to blow... 

Edited by whalen 2008-08-11 8:06 PM
iPOD
Posted 2008-08-12 2:08 AM (#18459 - in reply to #18454)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: A Message To Mr. Bernard

Hey you're good Smiley but it's no victory winding Blue up I mean I haven't changed my bait in some 20 + years and only throw it out when really bored remember he is only a Fore Endy (TM).

Austria , like it!!
iPOD
Posted 2008-08-12 2:10 AM (#18460 - in reply to #18457)

Master and Commander

Keep telling ya Whalen Fosters is Australian for Crap that's why we export it.
SOB490
Posted 2008-08-12 6:15 AM (#18465 - in reply to #18460)

Old Salt

You gotta understand Whalen a bit better - he thrives on "low end" beer (that means a lot more than "cheap" -- it also implies the distinction of being partially distilled diabetic horse piss). BTW - don't ever let him steer you to a Friday Night Fish Fry - that is an awesome experience.
SOB490
Posted 2008-08-12 6:17 AM (#18466 - in reply to #18440)

Old Salt

>>>Nice one centurion, nice one!

Just remember, the POMs came later - much later.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software