Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "It's hard sometimes, but as long as we remember them around the campfire, they will live forever." -- Walt Specht
You guys been lyin' to me.
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Corabelle
Posted 2008-08-13 12:17 PM (#18516)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: You guys been lyin' to me.

You've been trying to tell me that men think and see things differently than women. In, at least one case, not true.

I was having breakfast with my daughter-in-law at IHOP this morning, and noticed a distinguished-looking older gentleman who seemed to be eating with his wife and several grandchildren.

During the course of the meal, the "grandpa" held one of his 'granddaughters' tightly against his chest for a very lengthy time. Her face was hidden in his shirt. No words were exchanged between them..

When he released her, she seemed to wipe a tear or two away, and he went on to equally share his time with the other 'family members.' No more specific conversation took place between the (change 'distinguished' to 'handsome') man and the little girl.

What I'm sure that I saw was a man, very tuned into the feelings (you read that right) of a small child. He offered comfort with physical actions; no words.

No woman I know could have done better in ths situation.

Must have been a submariner!

:)

Cora

Edited by Corabelle 2008-08-13 12:25 PM
steamboat
Posted 2008-08-13 5:24 PM (#18529 - in reply to #18516)
Master and Commander

Subject: RE: You guys been lyin' to me.

Cora, I was in Dr. office waiting room yesterday and an older lady was there with the most beautiful little 2 year old girl I had ever seen. This little Lassie did not know a stranger. She went up to everybody and flirted as only a happy little tike could. She eventally ended up on my lap was googling with me when my wife came to pick me up, she did not immediatly recognize me, as she said I was grinning from ear to ear. This child had natural Shirley Temple curly locks and the biggest brown eyes you have ever seen. I do not have Grandchildren but for a very short moment in a drab Docters office,I was in Nervana.
Steamboat sends
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software