Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "Like the destroyer, the submarine has created its own type of officer and man with language and traditions apart from the rest of the service, and yet at the heart unchangingly of the Service” -- Rudyard Kipling, The Fringes of the Fleet, 1915
NSR - We lost...
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Corabelle
Posted 2008-08-15 12:28 PM (#18591)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: NSR - We lost...

...but I learned something new. In Little League games, if one team is ahead by 10 runs at the end of the 4th inning, the game is over. Canyon Lake/Midwest lost 10-0. I don't think this rule is fair; they weren't given a chance to recoup. We were playing a Florida team. Canyon Lake's best pitcher did not pitch this game, nor will he pitch the next. They have rules about how many pitches can be made before forced "rest" periods. Oh, and our cute little pitcher was fighting back tears throughout the entire game, but he hung in there.

At one point, we had the bases loaded, but the next batter was stuck out, so none of the three already on base were able to run. Not fair! Not fair! Of course, if it had been the other way around, it would have been ultimately fair.

Well, back to the old salt mine. Gotta get off my duff and start my day (at 1:21 p.m.)

Cora

Edited by Corabelle 2008-08-15 12:31 PM
Don Gentry
Posted 2008-08-15 12:51 PM (#18592 - in reply to #18591)

Admin

Subject: RE: NSR - We lost...

My eldest grandson (8) is playing ball now so I get to re-live the fun I had watching his daddy and two uncles play.  I"m happy to report that parents can still be whining idiots and ump's are still incompetent (when calling stuff on YOUR team of course).  It's all very American, eh?  Love it!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software