Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: A submarine often navigates by sound when submerged. Sound can travel 3,000 nautical miles or more through water.
Tequila Sunrise
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

RCK
Posted 2008-08-16 8:29 AM (#18630)
Master and Commander

Subject: Tequila Sunrise

Tequila Sunrise SUBMITTED BY: squawk93

"This pretty drink with layers of orange juice and grenadine is delicious on a hot day. The fact that the ratio of juice to tequila is high makes it a good choice for a brunch cocktail."
PREP TIME 5 Min
READY IN 5 Min
Original recipe yield 1 cocktail
INGREDIENTS
1 (1.5 fluid ounce) jigger tequila
3/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
ice cubes
1/2 (1.5 fluid ounce) jigger grenadine syrup
1 slice orange, for garnish
1 maraschino cherry for garnish
DIRECTIONS
Stir or shake together tequila and orange juice. Fill a chilled 12 ounce glass with ice cubes; pour in orange juice mixture. Slowly pour in the grenadine, and allow it to settle to the bottom of the glass (be patient). Garnish with a slice of orange, and a maraschino cherry.
C Stafford
Posted 2008-08-16 8:50 AM (#18632 - in reply to #18630)
Senior Crew

Subject: RE: Tequila Sunrise

Boy! That drink brings back memories of a mexican restaurant in Pearl City, HI that we used to go to in 1967-68. Good food and Tequila Sunrises.
We couldn't drink Mai Tai's all the time.
Flapper
Posted 2008-08-18 11:32 AM (#18732 - in reply to #18632)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Tequila Sunrise

C Stafford - 2008-08-16 9:50 AMBoy! That drink brings back memories of a mexican restaurant in Pearl City, HI that we used to go to in 1967-68. Good food and Tequila Sunrises.We couldn't drink Mai Tai's all the time.

Do you remember the name of the place? Back then, there couldn't have too many Mexican place in Pearl City. I can remember a decent place, where we'd eat out when we didn't feel like going to the PCT.
I lived in Waipahu for 2 years (66 - 68) whilst on Blue crew of D. Boone, then after putting the 'Horse into commision at EB, returned in 1970  for 3 1/2 years for shore duty at FICPAC on Ford Island. The first 9 months or so we lived in a ramshackle place in Ewa Beach waiting to get into Naval Housing, then moved into PWC housing in Pearl City for the remainder of my time in the Navy, so Pearl City is my old stomping grounds.
I was blown away, when I returned in late 80s on vacation, by how much development had occured out past Aiea and in Pearl City particularly. Lots of highrise apartment or condo buildings, etc. Four- to six-lane H1 freeway all the way out to the Barbers point area, vs. the old Kam Highway. Pretty amazing; it was close to being 'out in the country' back when I was stationed there.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software