Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "Submariners are a special brotherhood, either all come to the surface or no one does. On a submarine, the phrase all for one and one for all is not just a slogan, but reality.” -- VADM Rudolf Golosov of the Russian Navy
Doris, Is stunned and amazed......
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

dex armstrong
Posted 2008-08-16 4:35 PM (#18648)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Doris, Is stunned and amazed......

In a world that has become indifferent and jaded, it is easy for people who exist in the lonely world of late in life of disconnected old folks, to feel, nobody cares. That is not a sentiment born of cynicism, or a person steeped in self pity...It's a fact that attends growing old by yourself....and having a pair of cats, that you talk to....and who provide the company necessary to people whose lifelong friends keep turning up on the obituary page or incapacitated in nursing homes and special care facilities. I called Doris a few minutes ago...to get her permission to post her address, as requested by the ringmaster of this cyber circus. While I had her on the phone, I read her ALL the posts. You can have no concept of the joy, consolation and deep appreciation the time you all took in composing those posts, meant to a very scared lady. Doris is deeply devout and has come to accept whatever outcome her Lord and Savior has planned for her....but she is amazed...My Mother would say,"Flabbergasted", at the expressed concern and well wishes of (her words) "very special men I never had the honor of meeting." I have had damn near fifty years to observe the selflessness and goodness of submariners. I'm sure psychologists, behavioral scientists, clerics and other credentialed rainmakers...could unload a boxcar load of reasons, rationale and explanations as to why boatsailors are so damn generous, big hearted and kind. Submariners are notably not bleeding hearts, social activists or planet saviors....What they are, are men who at the core of their soul recognize and act on, what they see as, the right thing to do.....No man could ask for or expect ANY earthly honor greater than the acceptance of the men who wear twin fish. Yes she said..."Please give them my address and do thank them for me....Tell them I send my love to each and everyone of them for their caring and concern." Note: Doris lives on a very limited fixed retirement income and has no computer or access to one...except at the local library and there can be an up to three hour wait to get one for thirty minutes. When she visits I will let her use this one.) Before I forget, her address is; Miss Doris E. Faber, 3058 South Abingdon Street, Apartment C-1, Arlington, Virginia 22206-1630....I can assure you, nothing you have ever done will be appreciated any more or has triggered the gratitude that your cards will bring a very scared wonderful lady.....As for her cats...if you love cats, pass on your well wishes to Nicholas and Jiffy...(Jiffy was found, curled up under the hood of a car undergoing an oil change at the local JIFFY LUBE....The pound was called and came and picked up the kitty. The kitty was scheduled to undergo a procedure that would result in a one-way ticket to kitty heaven, when big hearted Doris arrives like Mighty Mouse preventing a train wreck and saves him...The name JIFFY seemed to her and obvious choice....Eight years and 95 tons of Fancy Feast later...little JIFFY has become what appears to be a furry hippo clone. There are prized blue ribbon hogs at the Iowa State Fair smaller than Mr. Jiffy.) What I can leave you with, is that Doris is numbered among God's finer creations and comes with the kindest heart and soul ever found in a human being....She truly loves everybody. Thanks Mister Gentry for this and your many past kindnesses. DEX
dex armstrong
Posted 2008-08-17 7:59 AM (#18683 - in reply to #18648)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Doris, Is stunned and amazed......

Thanks Stoops...Very kind of you, and deeply appreciated. DEX
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software