Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: NAUTILUS has long been touted as the first Nuclear powered submarine. In fact, she was the first nuclear powered "anything". Nothing that moves was ever propelled by nuclear power before NAUTILUS.
Whut the heck happened?!?!??
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Launcher Lary
Posted 2008-08-26 8:43 AM (#19015)

Senior Crew

Subject: Whut the heck happened?!?!??

I busted DEX's stones yesterday, tossed out some baited candy, fishin' fer the big sucker and some danged ol' poachin' sumbeach dun stole the whole dang trot line...whut happened? Did the thread git too rowdy? If it did, then will someone please let me know when I can come back and jist ping and not have to worry about offending anyone...please...hey DEX ya' crusty ol' stove in bastard, email me once in a while...

Sadly,

Billy Bob
Ralph Luther
Posted 2008-08-26 9:29 AM (#19018 - in reply to #19015)
COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Whut the heck happened?!?!??

I think the BBS is going through a touchy-feely stage right now. The younger crowd doesn't understand harpooning, wrench throwing,wedgys or pissing in the corn flakes.
They'll come around once they get to grow some wiskers.
While we have you up in front of us, where in the hell have you been? You bring your worthless hide around here once every six months and expect people to remember who you are. Most of us have CRS now-a-days so you need to check in more often. You've been associating with those shallow water sailors too much and getting soft.
Runner485
Posted 2008-08-26 11:47 AM (#19027 - in reply to #19015)

COMSUBBBS

Hey you damn knee deeper. Where you been. Can't say you've been running deep anymore can you. Come in here, throw a wrench and dive to 20 feet. Stick around for awhile you old MT. Oops, sorry Tm I meant to say!

Now I can go deep....at least to 400'  
BlackBeard
Posted 2008-08-26 12:06 PM (#19028 - in reply to #19015)

Great Sage of the Sea

Young guys?! Ha! It's you old farts that can't handle the "pings and arrows of us courageous Boatmen." I've never seen such a bunch of Sensitive-Sally's. When I was in if they found a sensitive spot on your psyche then everyone would put a little salt into it until you toughened up. Even our XO got in on it when I heard him needling some NQP who made the mistake of saying "I don't care who it is - Nobody better say sh*t about my mother or I'll kick their ass." The XO was using the old 'Yep I was in Tulsa back in 62' line after having read the sailors jacket.
I think you old guys get up, can't find your teeth, get mad about not being able to pee and then turn on your computers. After getting amp'd up on your morning dose of Ensure you sit down in front of the 'contraption' on your 'piles donut' and with a teak chip on your shoulder go looking for any Boat-sailor that got to shower more than once a week underway just waiting to pounce!

Well, maybe not.

BB
steamboat
Posted 2008-08-26 1:13 PM (#19037 - in reply to #19015)
Master and Commander

"Stick around for awhile you old MT. Oops, sorry Tm I meant to say!"
Never trust a guy that had a sex change!

Seriously, though, I think part of the problem is that many of us old timers on the board have made eye contact at leat once with each other and we understand wher we are coming from. A newcomer who only knows us from the BBS does not have that familiarty and may read our posts wrong. I may be off-base on this, but I think it does come into play.
Steamboat sends
Stoops
Posted 2008-08-26 1:22 PM (#19038 - in reply to #19015)
Master and Commander

I'm sure it comes into play, Steamboat.....'cause if you met Billy Bob face to face you know he could "knuckle yo head before you count to fo-ah"!!!!

RCK
Posted 2008-08-26 1:40 PM (#19040 - in reply to #19028)
Master and Commander

Showering more than once a week was impossible. Showering once a month was a luxury. In fact you were lucky to shower once on the trip back to home port. Noboby wore underwear. Your nuts might swing side to side for the first few days but after that they would swing to one side and stick there until you peeled em off your leg. That along with other discomforts are not among my favorite memories of going to sea for months at a time on a diesel boat!!!!
BlackBeard
Posted 2008-08-26 2:02 PM (#19044 - in reply to #19015)

Great Sage of the Sea

We were taught early on to also ditch the skivvies or else a giant TM would pull them up around your shoulders...

BB
Flapper
Posted 2008-08-26 2:41 PM (#19047 - in reply to #19040)

Master and Commander

Subject: EEEeeew, RCK!

RCK - 2008-08-26 2:40 PMShowering more than once a week was impossible. Showering once a month was a luxury. In fact you were lucky to shower once on the trip back to home port. Noboby wore underwear. Your nuts might swing side to side for the first few days but after that they would swing to one side and stick there until you peeled em off your leg. That along with other discomforts are not among my favorite memories of going to sea for months at a time on a diesel boat!!!!

You owe me clean-up fees for my keyboard and notebook screen! LMAO

BlackBeard
Posted 2008-08-26 4:53 PM (#19056 - in reply to #19047)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: RE: EEEeeew, RCK!

Flapper - 2008-08-26 2:41 PM

Sooo... you got turned on by his post???? eeeewwwwwwwwwwwww...

BB
Flapper
Posted 2008-08-26 5:50 PM (#19063 - in reply to #19056)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: EEEeeew, RCK!

BlackBeard - 2008-08-26 5:53 PM
Flapper - 2008-08-26 2:41 PM

Sooo... you got turned on by his post???? eeeewwwwwwwwwwwww...BB

Can't get to me, get to me, get to me!

Ain't gonna go there! Wouldn't be prudent!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software