Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: The USS Cusk was only one of four US submarines to ever receive the Republic of Vietnam Meritorious Unit Citation - Gallantry for her service in Vietnam. Cusk, was awarded seven awards during 1965, 1967, 1968, and 1969,The other three boats were the USS Sculpin (SSN-590), the USS Razorback (SS-394), two awards during 1967 and 1969, and the USS Ronquil (SS-396), two awards during 1966-67 and 1968.
On another note...
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Launcher Lary
Posted 2008-08-26 9:01 AM (#19016)

Senior Crew

Subject: On another note...

I've been meaning to post this for some time so I'll do it now while I'm here...

I know that ya'll have offspring that make you proud, but I'm not above boasting the accomplishments of mine, so here goes...

Number one daughter - Sabrena - graduated in May with her Masters in Athletic Training and has secured a position with the University of Mass in Dartmouth, she's already settled in in an apartment in New Bedford, Ma...it didn't take them long to interview her and then offer her a job after she graduated.

Number two daughter - Veronica - suprised us all (even herself) by taking an EMT course and not only finishing it, but passing her National Certification test first time through...so now dad is pressing her to consider this to be a good time for a career change and not just use it when called as a volunteer fire fighter, we'll see and I'll let ya' know when I win.

Time to get ready for my babysitting gig at the Coast Guard Academy, talk at ya's tomorrow,

Billy Bob

Edited by Launcher Lary 2008-08-28 8:49 AM
Ralph Luther
Posted 2008-08-26 9:21 AM (#19017 - in reply to #19016)
COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: On another note...

Congrats to both of the young ladies.
Sewer Pipe Snipe
Posted 2008-08-26 1:52 PM (#19043 - in reply to #19016)
Master and Commander

Subject: RE: On another note...

Definately Congratulations. My Daughter passed State, but had problems with the National. Now she is afraid to take it again. The best thing we leave behind are our children, and their accomplishments. Thats why you were put on this earth. It is the one job you don't want to mess up.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software