Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: The USS NAUTILUS SSN 571 was the first submarine with a satisfactory single plant that can be used for main propulsion both surfaced and submerged.
will miss y'all...
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2008-08-27 12:00 AM (#19076)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: will miss y'all...

but just for a bit...the CO and I are headed to Louisville for WWII Convention and our Bergall Reunion on Sat., but after that, I have to have a bit of surgery. I have a torn meniscus in my left knee. Surgery scheduled for Sept. 9th...and because of two trips to ER in the last two days, have also been given a temporary diagnosis of either a torn tendon or rotator cuff in my right shoulder...so how am I posting here...very slowly and very carefully...that's the reason for the "happy pills". I originally thought I was having a heart attack or stroke...and was taken to ER today by ambulance as the pain was so excruciating, I literally thought that a knife was being stuck in my chest...but was NOT admonished by anyone for what turned out to be the lesser of two evils. Paramedics, Dr's. and nurses all said I did the right thing...because the heart attack for a woman can be the "silent killer", as they say. I had all the classic symptoms, but not where they usually appear...but the Paramedics weren't going to take any chances...and even though I didn't manifest them as usual, they were treating me as though I was experiencing one, until they got me to the hospital and I was under a Dr's. care. Right now, everything is one great big blur, but I am happy to say, I have a very strong heart, there doesn't appear to be any blockages, but I have one rotten shoulder that will probably require surgery after I have the knee surgery. I guess you could say I'm falling apart in bits and pieces, but I am not going to let it get me down...I am going to beg and plead the orthopedist to put me into therapy for the knee...and then when the surgery is done on the shoulder...the same thing. I have too much to do, to let this sideline me...and now is as good a time as any to get this over...and make a fresh start.

So, I'm going to go to Louisville...have too much fun...and make a lot of memories...to keep close as I am recuperating. I will miss not going to Ft. Worth...and hope that a few of you will remember "Ole Miss Lumpy Bumps" and raise a glass, for I will raise a glass to all of you.

See ya in the funny papers, as they used to say.

Cora, I will get your photo posted later when I finally wake up...AGAIN.

Don Gentry
Posted 2008-08-27 12:28 AM (#19077 - in reply to #19076)

Admin

Subject: RE: will miss y'all...

Take care Patti... and get those joints fixed pronto.  Hedman and Stoops both have bad right shoulders and elbows...but theirs can be explained
BlackBeard
Posted 2008-08-27 12:29 AM (#19078 - in reply to #19076)

Great Sage of the Sea

Stay strong, keep the faith, and we'll be pulling for you. I know it's tough but none of it is life threatening. Our prayers are with you.

BB
Darrin
Posted 2008-08-27 3:12 AM (#19079 - in reply to #19076)

Great Sage of the Sea

Good luck Patti, you will be in my prayers for a speedy recovery on all accounts
docbeeghly
Posted 2008-08-27 6:33 AM (#19084 - in reply to #19076)
Senior Crew

Awwwwww come on bumpy, get the ol' man up off the couch, dictate to him and let him hunt and peck on the computer for ya, if he loves you half as much as we do He should be happy to keep us updated.
the beagle doc
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2008-08-27 8:56 AM (#19091 - in reply to #19084)

COMSUBBBS

hey there,

thank you everyone for your good thoughts and prayers...you have brought a tear to the old girl's eye...gee, look who has arisen from the dead, so to speak...ME!

i am going to take this one step at a time...just like trying to write this email...having the "Hand of God" on your shoulder, as they say, can do wonders for the attitude...and even though I was "spared" the worst...and given
an extended lease on this life, I am not going to tempt fate...or the "powers that be"...I am going to get these
old rickety joints fixed and hopefully they will work a bit better when all is said and done...I can come out of it
kicking and screaming a bit more, too.

hehehe...yes, Don...we do have an idea, but we won't fault them for it...because as "focused" as I am trying to be...which I tried to tell another friend, I will take the joys of life and enjoy them as they come along...we all need to have some silliness to offset the crap that we get handed every day...and being here with all of you, is one of the joys I cherish every day...yeah, this crusty old broad (COB)...someone pointed that out to me...will definitely try to get the CO, up from the "permanent place of plop", as my grandson likes to call it...and have him post here when he can. He has taken the rest of his vacation time off to take care of me...and I couldn't have asked for anything more...because he is dealing with a few health issues, that I hope, will be cleared up very shortly, too.

I have to go for a few...gotta go take care of Cora's photo...and should be back in a flash...the brain needs a bit of coffee to function...and despite being "lame" and a bit goofy at the moment...I still have to take care of some items for our vacation.

Well, Saints be praised...just had a call from the hospital...followup call...to see if I was still kicking! The young lady on the other end was quite cheerful and "attuned" to my case...well, that's a first...for me anyway.

OK, I have to give my brain and my mouth a rest...sheesh, the fear of God can make you quite talkative, can't it.

Love ya all.

Smiley
Posted 2008-08-27 1:09 PM (#19100 - in reply to #19076)
Great Sage of the Sea

Good luck Patti gee it sounds like you play linebacker for the Giants with all those sports related injuries..
You are in our thoughts.. Like you said "one step at a time"...
Dantini
Posted 2008-08-27 4:37 PM (#19111 - in reply to #19076)

Senior Crew

Patti,

Take care of yourself and get yourself fixed up.  I would really miss seeing your daily posts on this website.  You are one of the few who understand what the real connection we submariners all have with each other.  I don't get involved with all the BS that some want to capitalize on but you are a special individual and your comments are always welcome with me.  Take care.

Dan

Ralph Luther
Posted 2008-08-27 5:02 PM (#19113 - in reply to #19076)
COMSUBBBS

You know we are there for ya. Take your medicine like a good girl and get better real quick.
Gil
Posted 2008-08-27 9:26 PM (#19122 - in reply to #19113)
Master and Commander

Take care and get back real soon.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software