Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "I propose to you a new arm of war, as formidable as it is economical. Submarine navigation, which has been sometimes attempted, but as all know without results, owing to want of suitable opportunities, is now a problematical thing no more." - Brutus de Villeroi in a letter to President Lincoln, 1862
Ladies and Gentlemen...
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2008-08-27 4:10 PM (#19108)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Ladies and Gentlemen...

it's been a blast...I'm going shut down until we get settled "down South" on Sunday. I have to go get a few more presurgical tests before we leave...and try to start packing...oh, this should be rich..."one arm, one legged lumpy bumps"...we don't mind...leaves
time for the CO to do all the other necessary things...like purchase the libations and snacks...and get the oil changed...IN THE CAR, IN THE CAR...

Take care all.

Darrin
Posted 2008-08-27 4:37 PM (#19110 - in reply to #19108)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: RE: Ladies and Gentlemen...

Good luck to you and Garry, I hope that your trip will be safe and that everything works out well... BTW my surgery has been postponed indef because of my hospital is not capable of dealing with me Hopefully I will get a call tomorrow from Portsmouth Naval on when the can open my shoulder up and fix it
Ralph Luther
Posted 2008-08-27 4:53 PM (#19112 - in reply to #19108)
COMSUBBBS

Smooth sailing on the super slab, Patti. Don't let Garry pick up any "ladies" hitch-hiking. Just write down their GPS coordinates and pass them on to Dex.

Darrin, Good luck on your hunt for a quack to take care of that shoulder. Push come to shove, you might check with Beeghly, Gardner and Peterman. Damn that group sounds about the same as Dewey, Cheatum and Howe.

Edited by Ralph Luther 2008-08-27 4:57 PM
Darrin
Posted 2008-08-27 5:34 PM (#19118 - in reply to #19108)

Great Sage of the Sea

Ya know there are worse names to come by then the Beegle Doc and his clan of merry Corpsman... IF you would have said "hi I'm Larry this is my brother Darryl and my other brother Darryl" I would have gotten worried or had it be Larry, Moe and Curly I would have been even more worried especially knowing that you are cutting on my dominate shoulder that has been messed up for a number of years now.
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2008-08-27 7:49 PM (#19120 - in reply to #19110)

COMSUBBBS

Hi Darrin,

Thank you for your good thoughts...and I hope that you are able to get a start date so they can fix you all up...good as new. Gotta keep them quacks on their toes.

I will probably have a few "choice" pix to post while we are there...nothing like spending time with the DBF guys...they can get as rowdy as the rest of you...and it is just such a hoot to watch them in
action.

Ralph, the CO will have to keep his eyes on the road and his hands on the wheel...but that doesn't mean I CAN'T LOOK...I may be married...BUT I AIN'T DEAD YET...and
if should happen to "spy" a beauty or two along the way...I will a few paper airplanes on hand to shoot off to Dex...YA HEAR THAT, DEX...GPS coordinates will be en route to you.

I will keep everyone here in my thoughts as we make our way along the concrete corridors...because this promises to be a trip I don't think I will soon forget.

So, why am I back out here...seems I forgot this was Norton scan night and needed to open up the new play toy to let it do it's thing.

Nite all.

miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2008-08-27 7:53 PM (#19121 - in reply to #19118)

COMSUBBBS

D, you have to watch out for Huey, Dewey and Louie, too...you know the "real" quacks...I'm sorry, I couldn't let that one go...and if someone brings up Donald or Daffy...I would definitely put the wheels in reverse and head the other way...

Oh, btw, my surgeon's name is Dr. Ralph Fink...should I be worried???
Doc Gardner
Posted 2008-08-28 3:47 AM (#19127 - in reply to #19112)

Master and Commander

Subject: Question for Lumpy Bumps and Darrin?

Ralph Luther - 2008-08-27 5:53 PM

Darrin, Good luck on your hunt for a quack to take care of that shoulder. Push come to shove, you might check with Beeghly, Gardner and Peterman. Damn that group sounds about the same as Dewey, Cheatum and Howe.

After serious consultations we have to ask: "does it hurt when you do that"?

THEN DON'T DO THAT!

Send your co-pay to Beeghly, Peterman and Gardner c/o Ernies's on the Thames
Next!
Ralph Luther
Posted 2008-08-28 5:29 AM (#19128 - in reply to #19108)
COMSUBBBS

Patti, years ago when my wife was pregnant she had an OB/GYN by the name of Dr. Finger and another Dr. named Dr. Fairy. Don't you know those guys went through hell during medical school.
Ralph Luther
Posted 2008-08-28 5:39 AM (#19131 - in reply to #19108)
COMSUBBBS

Years ago???? I just noticed that today is our Son's 39th birthday. Dog-gone if that does about send me into the old pharte' catagory with Warshot and Roy Ator and that is getting to being older than dirt.

Edited by Ralph Luther 2008-08-28 5:39 AM
Darrin
Posted 2008-08-28 3:36 PM (#19153 - in reply to #19108)

Great Sage of the Sea

Ya know Doc the Gov't is paying the bill on this one so I will have to check with the finance folks and see if there is any money left for the Consultation that you just gave me and my Doc gave me the same advice until I told him that I couldn't pick up a whole lot of stuff with my right arm and it has dislocated a few times in the last few weeks... So I am trying to contact Langley AirForce base to do this
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2008-08-28 5:13 PM (#19157 - in reply to #19131)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Ladies and Gentlemen...Happy Bday...

to your son...achieving 39 years is a mini milestone...Garry's oldest was 39 in May...and she and boyfriend have decided to tie the knot at the end of next month...and we are very happy about it. Her beau is a great guy and
treats her like a queen.

Well, I had an interesting morning...went and had my presurgical tests...blood work and the such...but an amazing
thing happened when lab tech took the blood...when she stuck needle in, it hurt naturally, but it's when she drew it
out the miracle occurred...all the extremities went numb...and they were that way for quite a while...but the feeling
started coming back shortly...still had some pain in the extremities...but I got home and just relaxed for a bit...and
when I got up, I had no pain in the shoulder, no pain in the neck or arm...no pain anywhere...I think maybe she performed acupuncture and didn't even know it...but the arm feels great...gee, I wonder if you can draw blood near the knee...hmmm...will have to ask the ortho quack...but I am not going to tempt fate...will take this as a sign...and just pray it holds out.

P.S. recent photo of Garry and his beautiful daughters...Wendy on the left, Tammy on the right and our daughter, Katie in the back.

(100_2736AB.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 100_2736AB.jpg (53KB - 699 downloads)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software