Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: Alexander the Great (356 to 323 B.C.) ruler of Macedonia and conqueror of the known world in his time, is the first person known to have descended into the sea in a vessel of any kind.
Branson Mo. A Veterans UTOPIA
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Skii
Posted 2008-08-28 8:08 AM (#19141)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: Branson Mo. A Veterans UTOPIA

Last week Sue and I went to a Military Planners Reunion Conference in Branson, Mo. The Red Carpet was oout for the 120 attendees. We never expected to see what wee did or feel how we did
during our entire stay.
All American's should be sent there to see what true American Spirit is. The Flag is everywhere, the spirit of America is with everyone (population 7,000) and they electrify your heart with every place you visit and show you see.
Tony Orlando was a surprise guest and announned he would be honoring Col. Ollie North during his special Veterans Day ceremony. I PLAN TO SEND HIM A CAP WITH HIS NAME ON IT AND WITH OUR BEST SAYING "THE BEST MARINE IS A SUBMARINE" for him to give him during the ceremony. I can't wait to see that DVD and if my time permits I will go there at his invitation and present it myself.
He is a promoter of on Veteran's day each year all activities in the United States be free to Veteran's and their families - can you imagine open gates at movies, DisneyLand, free meals at McDonald's
he is working on this as we speak and I hope to hear more after November. Theier will also be the
first Marine Corps Ball in Branson with thousands expected there on November 10th and all Marines and or Marine Lovers are invited. It will be the biggest Marine Corps Ball in the United States.

I urge all Veterans and their families to visit Branson sometime and see what TRUE RESPECT fora Veteran in America is.

I thank all those at the Branson Chamber for their hosptality, Love and Respect shown to us and look forward to our reunion there in October of 2009.

Dick Jarenski
Commander/Secretary
USS STERLET (SS392) Association
RCK
Posted 2008-08-28 11:01 AM (#19148 - in reply to #19141)
Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Branson Mo. A Veterans UTOPIA

I don't believe that a Marine would truly appreciate the reference to a submarine. It seems to defame the Corps. I would give him a hat that honors either the Corp or a cap that makes him an honorary submariner.
Skii
Posted 2008-08-28 11:10 AM (#19149 - in reply to #19141)

Great Sage of the Sea

Well all that are involved in this event thought the idea was great -- I think that honoring those that served with us on special ops through the years would be an honor and not a defamation Rick -
Anyway his name will be put on it and he will receive it -- sorry you feel it is a defamatin.

(Untitled.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Untitled.jpg (10KB - 635 downloads)
Mac McCoy
Posted 2008-08-28 2:06 PM (#19151 - in reply to #19141)
Senior Crew

As I give tours thru Clamagore I frequently ask Marines if they know what is the best Marine. Of course I always tell them that it is a SubMarine. I have never had a Marine take offense at my comments and seem to understand that no offense is meant. They understand that I am only Pinging on them and they usually have an appropriate reply. We all served the same nation. In fact we served the best nation on the face of this earth. I think that Col North will enjoy getting the hat and the honor.
John Bay
Posted 2008-08-28 3:50 PM (#19155 - in reply to #19151)
Old Salt

Subject: Well, I didn't get shot....

The entire group of about 80 guys got a kick out of it. Even let me fire one of their full autos!

(Best Marine.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Best Marine.jpg (67KB - 708 downloads)
Thomas Courtien
Posted 2008-08-28 5:15 PM (#19158 - in reply to #19141)
Master and Commander

The last SSBN657 reunion was in Groton and we had a good time.

At our dinner, some guys suggested Branson as the next possible site in a few years. Sounds like an interesting place.

Hey John Bay where are you in that photo; I see railroad buildings.

whalen
Posted 2008-08-28 6:02 PM (#19163 - in reply to #19141)

Great Sage of the Sea

Does everybody see that classic Fairbanks-Morse H12-44 locomotive (built in 1953 for the United States Army), it's a 1200 horsepower 120 ton yard switcher?

Oh wait, JB is standing in front of it.

John Bay
Posted 2008-08-29 2:17 AM (#19172 - in reply to #19158)
Old Salt

Seashore Trolley Museum in Kennebunkport, ME. The USMC comes twice a year and uses us for urban warfare training. The only complainer is the 60 yr old Hippie Farm Owner (he puts up the Protesters when Bush is in town) that abuts the property.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software