Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: United States Submarines destroyed a total of 1,314 Japanese ships during World War II, including one battleship, eight aircraft carriers, fifteen cruisers, forty-two destroyers, and twenty-three submarines. Against this score, fifty-two U.S. Submarines were lost.
PEP
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Corabelle
Posted 2008-08-30 1:08 PM (#19222)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: PEP

I hope that you know that you made Mr. Limm's day too.

By listening to some of his life experiences, you made him feel, one more time, like the young soldier that he had been.

You validated his life. Nursing home residents desperately need people like you to visit and make them feel like a real person again, not just a grumpy old man/woman.

Thank you my friend,

Cora

Edited by Corabelle 2008-08-30 1:10 PM
Ric
Posted 2008-08-30 2:04 PM (#19224 - in reply to #19222)

Plankowner

Subject: RE: PEP

PEP is one heck of a guy. I talked to him earlier today. He is tired but still kicking at everything in sight.

I called Denisse, my ex, and told I had talked with PEP and he was doing, she was grateful for the call. We shared some special times with PEP on one of his Seattle visits and at the Reno Convention. A real gentleman. I keep him in my thoughts a lot.

Ric

PEP
Posted 2008-08-30 6:56 PM (#19229 - in reply to #19222)

Senior Crew

Ya know I began the day not feelin to hot but by golly it sure turned into one of my better days thanks to a couple phonecalls from subvets whom I deeply respect and relate to. Old Chainfall called and flat had a chew on my ass and he let me talk to Jeannie for quite awhile which helped to put things back into prespective for me. Then a call from Ric and he brought back some very fond memories for me that if he hadn't of called I never would have given those memories any thought for sure and the day would have probably gone a whole lot different than it did. And not to be left out, our very own Corabelle, you 2 hold a special place in my heart which at the moment I can almost show it to U after just taking my damn shirt off. It's days like today that puts me on an emotional rollorcoaster which I have no control over. That is until the Lorazapam begins to work. Seems I have to take a pill to do almost everything, to vent sanitaries, to keep my guts from doing the jitterbug in the space my stomach used to accupy. But it's days like today that is a blast of much needed reality. That Jeannie is one determined Lady just skaking off the boogie man when probably any normal (never did figure out just WTF is normal) person would have just said to hell with it! Oh it crosses my mind more than I care to admit to but like I've said before, this experience is one hell of an education and I've been privledged to I think help a few just beginning a similar trip. The hardest part is the unknowing or having no control over anything. For me anyway when a reality check is needed real bad, my faith is strengthened by the most unexpected means one could think of. Sometimes just because of running into someone who you may or maynot know but is in pretty much the same perdicament as me but different. I never start out to pound on the keyboard until it screams UNCLE it just happens.
Domo Arigato' for providing a pretty spiffy day afterall. Cold but not too shabby!
PEP
Ralph Luther
Posted 2008-08-31 9:09 AM (#19236 - in reply to #19222)
COMSUBBBS

We haven't heard from Ole Chainfall in a while. I'm glad, PEP, that you heard from him. I don't have his landline number. About now I imagine he is gathering his stock pile of mops and buckets for the storm and is quite busy.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software