Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: Long considered a versatile and deadly instrument of war, the submarine has broadened her capabilities with the adoption of nuclear power. Today the submarine serves as a ballistic missile platform, early warning station, killer of surface and underwater vessels, scout, coastal raider troop transport, supply ship, mine layer, and seaplane tender.
PRAYERS NEED FOR ENC RUDY VALENCIA 392,242,243
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Skii
Posted 2008-09-07 9:33 AM (#19385)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: PRAYERS NEED FOR ENC RUDY VALENCIA 392,242,243

Our prayers are needed for ENC RUDY VALENCIA (RETIRED) served on the Bluegill 242 Bream 243,
and Sterlet 392. He survived Katrina and given a choice to get married or move to a VA hospital in Wash DC area - he chose to marry Marilyn Hatfield wo is by his side now n the hospital.
Rudy had massive fluid buildup, 4th stage kidney failure, and during the biopsy cancer has now spread to various parts of his body from his lungs. Because of the condition of his kidneys a blood transfusion cannot occur.
Please join with me and praying for a miracle or at least that Rudy is comfortable and being spared any major pain.

Rudy was so happy and proud when the Sterlet begain their reunionis in 2005 and attended the 2nd one in 2007 (San Diego). He thanked us for giving his that time to share with his shipmates (each one had 120-15 he served with. He was looking forward to bringing Marilyn to Branson to introduce her
to his favorite boat and crew. We pray that may still happen even though the prospects are dim today. The power of Prayer does wonderful things so please pray hard with us.

Dick Jarenski
Cdr/Secy
USS STERLET SS392 ASSN
Doc Gardner
Posted 2008-09-08 11:43 AM (#19424 - in reply to #19385)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: PRAYERS NEED FOR ENC RUDY VALENCIA 392,242,243

Dick:
Send me an address and I'll activate the Binnacle List Group and get some cards sent off to Rudy.
Doc Gardner
Skii
Posted 2008-09-08 12:07 PM (#19426 - in reply to #19385)

Great Sage of the Sea

Thanks so much I know the family will appreciate that:

Rudy Valencia ENC(SS) Ret

6700 William Way E

Eight Mile, AL 36613

Our kindness to our shipmates is always a priority and we know how much prayer has helped so many that ask for them here.

Dick Jarenski
Cdr/Secy
USS STERLET SS392 Assn

Rudy is a member of the Blueback Base USSVI
Skii
Posted 2008-09-08 12:07 PM (#19427 - in reply to #19385)

Great Sage of the Sea

Thanks so much I know the family will appreciate that:

Rudy Valencia ENC(SS) Ret

6700 William Way E

Eight Mile, AL 36613

Our kindness to our shipmates is always a priority and we know how much prayer has helped so many that ask for them here.

Dick Jarenski
Cdr/Secy
USS STERLET SS392 Assn

Rudy is a member of the Blueback Base USSVI
Skii
Posted 2008-09-09 2:35 PM (#19474 - in reply to #19385)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: THANKS FOR HELP WITH ENC RUDY VALENCIA 392,242,243

Thanks Doc Gardner for your call to the SUBMARINE VETERAN SHIPMATES THAT SHARE CARDS AND MESSAGES to all those on the binnacle list and in need of prayer and comfort.

In memory of what you do and what QM3/DV(SS) Gary Mclaughlin have done I know am a volunteer to your brigade and will respond to any request you have to share my comfort, prayers and strength
when sent to me.

According to Marilyn Rudy was not expected to make it through last night and may now be on his eternal patrol but I know the messages you have asked to be sent when received will give her some
comfort to make it through her difficult journey she is now on with Rudy.

With deepest respect of the USS STERLET ASSN (gARY WAS OUR FIRST cOMMANDER 2005),
and on behalf of Marylin Hatfield and the Valencia family we thank you for your service to the
submarine families you and your volunteers give. Green Board

Dick Jarenski
Commander USS STERLET SS392 Association
Tucson Az
PatH
Posted 2008-09-10 7:11 PM (#19524 - in reply to #19385)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: ENC RUDY VALENCIA 392,242,243 ON Eternal Patrol

Rudy passed away this morning – 10 September, 2008

Rudolfo Valencia

31 May, 1928 – 10 September, 2008

Rudy was born in Clifton, AZ

He qualified on the USS Sterlet (SS 392) in 1957, rode the USS Bream (SS 243) 1961 to 1963, and the USS Bluegill (SS 242)  1963 to 1966

He was an assistant to SubRon Three squadron engineer. 1966 to 1969 and he retired after 21 years as an Chief Engineman

Rudy was a USSVI life member and was one of the original Blueback base (Portland OR) members and he was their first base secretary and elected to the top job as their base commander in 1994.

Reported by Bob Walters

Skii
Posted 2008-09-10 9:38 PM (#19529 - in reply to #19385)

Great Sage of the Sea

Thanks Pat for the update from the USSVI - in this post is Marilyn's heartfelt update on his battle with life for so many years and faithful partner to him for so long.
Well, today about 12:36 PM Rudy left us and went home to the Lord. He had very hard laborous breathing but the Drs kept him sedated on morphine and another relaxer so he could breath. His lungs were filled cancer plus the liver and he had kidney failure. As most of you know, 17 years ago, Rudy had a heart transplant and because of the meds he had to take, they eventually detroyed his body. He would speak of so many of his dear buddy "brothers" so much of the time. There was no one else in the world other than those buddies. Thank you for your prayers and thought at this time. There will not be any funeral service at this time, he has denotated his body for research and study at the Univ of Southern Alabama and when they finish approx 1 years frm now, there will be a memorial service at the Willamette Memorial Cemetary in Spokane, WA. There will be several obituaries in a number of papes, Also in the SUBVET mag. Any questions, please contact me, thank you all for everything. Marilyn

He will be missed by his shipmates- Sailor Rest Your Oar -Chief Valencia has assumed the watch as he now is on his eternal patrol.

Dick Jarenski
CDR/secy USS STERLET SS392 Association
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software