Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: The USS SKIPJACK was the first submarine designed from the keel up for top underwater performance using nuclear power. An earlier SKIPJACK was the first U.S. submarine to cross the Atlantic ocean under her own power (Newport, Rhode Island to Ponta Delgada, Azores, in 1917).
Prisoner allegedly with PTSD Story revisited...
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Blue from West Oz
Posted 2008-09-07 5:35 PM (#19400)

Master and Commander

Subject: Prisoner allegedly with PTSD Story revisited...

( unsure if I posted it here or just on Ron's BBS )

you may recall a week or so ago I posted a story about a killer here in West Oz who had been claiming PTSD form his 'Vietnam War' service?

Yesterday I did a bit of research and came across the Defence Act 1903 and came across Section 80A.

I smiled and thought, "got you, you bastard" and wrote an email to the Superintendent quoting the Act and recommending he be charged by the police. I know he is on for murder and has at least 10 years to go, but, it's the principle of the matter. I may get a rap on the knuckles for some of the words I used to describe the prisoner, but, 'such is life'. Here is what I found........

DEFENCE ACT 1903 - SECT 80A
Falsely representing to be returned soldier, sailor or airman

(1) A person is guilty of an offence if:

(a) the person represents himself or herself to be a returned soldier, sailor or airman; and

(b) the representation is false.

Penalty: 30 penalty units or imprisonment for 6 months, or both.

(2) For the purposes of this section:

(a) returned soldier means a person who has served abroad during any war as a member of any Military Force raised in Australia or in any other part of the British Empire, or as a member of the Military Forces of any Ally of Great Britain;

(b) returned sailor means a person who has served abroad during any war as a member of any Naval Force raised in Australia or in any other part of the British Empire, or as a member of the Naval Forces of any Ally of Great Britain; and

(c) returned airman means a person who has served abroad during any war as a member of any Air Force, air service or flying corps raised in Australia or in any other part of the British Empire or as a member of the air forces of any Ally of Great Britain.

This guy is in our ( retired servicemen now prison officers ) sights..I just got him in my 'sights' LOL

Blue *_*
Ric
Posted 2008-09-07 5:39 PM (#19401 - in reply to #19400)

Plankowner

Subject: RE: Prisoner allegedly with PTSD Story revisited...

So,.... is the guy a vet or not and did he serve in Nam? I didn't see the original post. Does he have PTSD or not? Just curious.
Blue from West Oz
Posted 2008-09-07 6:42 PM (#19404 - in reply to #19401)

Master and Commander

Ric - 2008-09-08 7:39 AM

So,.... is the guy a vet or not and did he serve in Nam? I didn't see the original post. Does he have PTSD or not? Just curious.

That's the whole point Ric, no he didn't serve in Vietnam, and no he does not have PTSD from any service in his pretend war in Vietnam.
That's why I am after this guy.

I also believe that heads should roll for allowing this to have happened, he has been making a mockery of the prison system for 6 years.....Klusty the Klown could run a better circus!

Blue *_*
Ralph Luther
Posted 2008-09-08 8:53 AM (#19416 - in reply to #19400)
COMSUBBBS

Great tracking, Mate. Stay on the bastard's case.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software