Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: More decorations for valor have been awarded, per man, to the submarine service than any other Navy Branch.
Poll/NSR
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

RCK
Posted 2008-09-08 11:12 AM (#19423)
Master and Commander

Subject: Poll/NSR

Do you believe in Ghosts? Have anyone had a supernatural expierence? I afraid that Chief Burns will come back and haunt me!!!!
Blue from West Oz
Posted 2008-09-08 6:32 PM (#19436 - in reply to #19423)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Poll/NSR

Hmmmmmm....not sure I believe in Ghosts, but.......

1. a few days after my Mum's death in 1972, my uncle and I stopped a woman to ask for directions.......we were both gobsmacked, she looked just like my Mum.

2. a few weeks before my Granma actually moved out of her house that she had lived in for 34 years, we were talking about something non related to my Grandad when all of a sudden, I got a whiff of pipe tobacco, the same smell of my Grandad's.......he died back in 1977 and this day was in 2004. That was 'freaky'.

3. a few days after the death of my Granma in 2006, I was watching TV, a commercial came on and there was an elderly woman being pushed in a wheelchair in a park....she looked just liked my Granma , in fact I am sure it was her - I never saw the advert again.

Blue *_*
SOB490
Posted 2008-09-08 7:02 PM (#19437 - in reply to #19423)

Old Salt

I don't believe in ghosts but I do believe that the human mind has the ability to sense events on occasion. A "premonition" if you will ...

The one that comes to mind very clearly happened to me in the fall of 1978 - a Sunday evening and I was working at my desk when the impulse struck me to write a note to myself -- which I did. It simply said "8:40PM - Marlene just died."

Marlene and her husband were dear friends of ours and she had been ill most of her life, so being under the weather was not a new situation. We had to reschedule planned social events with them several times because of this. But this thought came to me like a bolt out of the blue.

So I wrote the note and stuck it in my vertical file basket at the back of my desk.

After I arrived at work the following morning, a mutual friend called me to tell me that Marlene had died the previous evening. I called home and had my wife go retrieve the note -- I missed the time by 4 minutes - she died at 8:36PM.

Many times I've had the sensation I've been someplace before when I know that I haven't -- like walking into a particular (non-chain) restaurant in a city I visited the first time on business, etc. - even to knowing where the men's room was and the layout and paint. Or, as Yogi Berra said -- "it's de-javu all over again!"

Spooky to say the least.
Blue from West Oz
Posted 2008-09-08 7:51 PM (#19439 - in reply to #19436)

Master and Commander

Subject: another time...

...was when I nearly became a ghost!!

my last trip to the USA, I went to a diner with Kathy and her Sister, Karen.

The waitress came up to us and started yakking away as they do, I thought, "she served us a few times on my last trip with Daniel, but something is different about her".

Later on as she was taking my order and obviously recognised my accent, she said, "I think I have served you before"

I replied, without think ( as is the norm ) "I thought it was you, you have dyed your hair black haven't you?"

Karen started laughing, I realised what I had done and saw an amazed look on Kathy's face......after all, that was 5 months since I had been to the diner and seen this woman!

That's when I nearly became a 'ghost'!! lol

Blue *_*
BlackBeard
Posted 2008-09-08 9:10 PM (#19442 - in reply to #19423)

Great Sage of the Sea

I've had enough strange and surreal events in my life that although I won't say I'm positive... I will say that I am very open-minded about the issue.

BB
Corabelle
Posted 2008-09-08 10:09 PM (#19444 - in reply to #19437)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Speaking of de ja vu all over again...

...hasn't this thread been up before?

Cora

Edited by Corabelle 2008-09-08 10:10 PM
whalen
Posted 2008-09-09 5:42 AM (#19448 - in reply to #19423)

Great Sage of the Sea

A visiting professor at Texas A & M University is giving a seminar on the supernatural. To get a feel for his audience, he asks: "How many people here believe in ghosts?" About 90 students raise their hands.

"Well that's a good start. Out of those of you who believe in ghosts, do any of you think you've ever seen a ghost?" About 40 students raise their hands.

"That's really good. I'm really glad you take this seriously. Has anyone here ever talked to a ghost? 15 students raise their hands.

"That's a great response. Has anyone here ever touched a ghost?" Three students raise their hands.

"That's fantastic. But let me ask you one question further.....Have any of you ever made love to a ghost?" One guy in the back raises his hand. The professor is astonished. He takes off his glasses, takes a step back, and says, "Sir, all the years I've been giving this lecture, no one has ever claimed to have slept with a ghost. You've got to come up here and tell us about your experience."

The Aggie replies with a nod and a big grin, and begins to make his way up to the podium.  He's in uniform -- a CPO attached to the A&M NROTC.

The professor says, "Well, tell us what it's like to have sex with a ghost." The chief replies, "Ghost? Damn..... From back there I thought you said 'goats'!"

Ralph Luther
Posted 2008-09-09 5:54 AM (#19449 - in reply to #19423)
COMSUBBBS

Blue, Blue, Blue, you will never learn. You've got to be very careful what you say about other women when in the presence of your #1 and especially in this case when #1's sister is there as a witness.
I think you had best slip over here secretly so a few of us can meet with you and "learn" you the cold hard facts of staying alive.. Cheeezz, send em to school and buy em books and what do you get?
Ain't that right Cora?

Edited by Ralph Luther 2008-09-09 5:54 AM
RCK
Posted 2008-09-09 8:32 AM (#19455 - in reply to #19444)
Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Speaking of de ja vu all over again...

Corabelle - 2008-09-08 10:09 PM

...hasn't this thread been up before?

Cora[/QUOTU

Us ghosts require alot of attention!!!
Jim M.
Posted 2008-09-09 9:00 AM (#19457 - in reply to #19455)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: RE: Speaking of de ja vu all over again...

RCK - 2008-09-09 8:32 AM

Us ghosts require alot of attention!!!

Well..if you see me, tell me I say hello...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software