Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: The USS NAUTILUS SSN 571 steamed 60,000 miles on a lump of Uranium the size of a golf ball. A diesel powered submarine would have required 3,000,000 gallons or 300 railway tank cars of oil.
hi all...
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2008-09-12 7:50 AM (#19559)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: hi all...

I have been skulking around, but when I rec'd word of of Ron's passing, I knew it was time to come back...because his family will need our support...even this one legged NQP.

I am doing much better...walking on BOTH extremities...well, hobbling is more like it, but am able to get around without benefit of crutches or cane...and actually walked up the stairs, not having to take them one at a time this morning. I still have a bit of pain, but will not "chance" anything beyond that, without the OK from the Dr.

Thank you everyone for your good thoughts and prayers...I know they have been part of the reason that I have gotten this far, so soon. You are all the best.

This post will be short and sweet...as this time should be for remembering our dear friend, Ron.

Stay well all.

Edited by miss lumpy bumps 2008-09-12 7:52 AM
Ralph Luther
Posted 2008-09-12 8:11 AM (#19562 - in reply to #19559)
COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: hi all...

Great to see you back on the boards. I'll speak for most here and say we are glad we won't be having to change you "handle" to "Peggy".
crystal
Posted 2008-09-13 11:15 AM (#19597 - in reply to #19559)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: hi all...

Welcome back Patti - glad that everything is going good for you (at least better) --- Keep up the improvement - want to see you and John/Gary in San Diego next September (start saving)... It will be a PARTY!!!! (and we'll all hoist one <or two> to Warshot)...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software