Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "I propose to you a new arm of war, as formidable as it is economical. Submarine navigation, which has been sometimes attempted, but as all know without results, owing to want of suitable opportunities, is now a problematical thing no more." - Brutus de Villeroi in a letter to President Lincoln, 1862
Minute Chocolate Mug Cake
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Land Lubber
Posted 2008-09-17 3:18 PM (#19729)
Old Salt

Subject: Minute Chocolate Mug Cake

A friend sent me this. It's not bad.....

MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
1 Coffee Mug
4 tablespoons flour(that's plain flour, not self-rising flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons baking cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
some nuts (optional)
Small splash of vanilla

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well . Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
Add the chocolate chips (if using)and vanilla, and mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes on high. The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2008-09-19 8:34 PM (#19780 - in reply to #19729)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Minute Chocolate Mug Cake...hmmm...OK...

are we talking standard mug...or one of those humungus ones that's good for swimming in???

This looks like a great recipe...and with this being "my last weekend of freedom" (I start the body work...hot and heavy next
week)...figured it would be a good way to "go out with a bang", as they say!!!
Land Lubber
Posted 2008-09-20 3:05 PM (#19789 - in reply to #19780)
Old Salt

Well Patti, any mug will do but I would put a plate under it in the microwave, (just in case).
And ya know, when you start the heavy PT you'll need to keep up your strength and determination.
Take care and don't overdo on the workouts. You'll be up and dancing a jig in no time.
Steve
viejo
Posted 2008-09-20 3:23 PM (#19791 - in reply to #19729)

Senior Crew

Subject: RE: Minute Chocolate Mug Cake

This is very interesting as the first time I ever saw a microwave demonstated, this is what they were doing. I didn't know the receipe, just knew they threw some chocolate cake batter in and out came a little chocolate cake. Now I can make my own. From adding up the receipe, I think I'll start with a mug that holds at least 12 0zs instead of the usual 8. Very cool.
I think the time frame when I saw this was around 1967 or 1968, but not sure. Somewhere around there though. Here is an interesting article that shows how it all started. http://www.gallawa.com/microtech/history.html
Thanks,
Viejo

Edited by viejo 2008-09-20 3:26 PM
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2008-09-21 8:32 PM (#19848 - in reply to #19789)

COMSUBBBS

Thank you, Steve. I am going to give it a try tomorrow when I get back from PT. With all those ingredients...I think I am going to try one of the "larger mugs"...just to "see" how it fares the first time...and I will definitely put a plate under it...and maybe a "dollup of whipped cream"...

I have been doing the exercises that I do at PT, here at home...my hubby has been my coach...and is helping me with a couple of them...I still have to go get some of the paraphenalia in order to do them properly. But, I figure
I'm ahead of the game, if I do them here.

Land Lubber
Posted 2008-09-22 2:25 PM (#19882 - in reply to #19791)
Old Salt

Viejop, That was a good article on the microwave. Thanks.
Steve
Land Lubber
Posted 2008-09-22 2:29 PM (#19883 - in reply to #19848)
Old Salt

Patti, If you are having to do standing leg lifts, I've found using a walker is great. It is more sturdy than using a chair. Also if you need it, a belt around your waist can help your hubby support you and stop you from falling. I learned this the hard way last year when my mother had broken her leg in a fall.
Take Care
Steve
viejo
Posted 2008-09-22 7:35 PM (#19898 - in reply to #19729)

Senior Crew

Your welcome. Anyone who posts a recipe for a new way to use Chocolate is my friend. I am firmly convinced that meerschaum pipes. Dr. Pepper, and lots and lots of chocolate, are what have kept me so healthy for so long. Course like our former Pres. Clinton, I never inhale. LOL
Viejo
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2008-09-24 10:18 PM (#19973 - in reply to #19883)

COMSUBBBS

Thank you for the suggestion, Steve. I haven't progressed to standing leg lifts yet. They have me doing all my exercises on a table with the exception of bicycle machine and doing, I guess you could call them "heel lifts"...standing at a bar with my toes on a block and raising my heels...I do three sets of 10 on a 30 count...did that on Mon...and boy, was that smarts. I do have all the equipment here at home that I use at PT...soccer ball, little bolster pillow, tension band and foam wedge and actually have the bike here...just have to resurrect it off the back porch...and I have been doing a lot of walking...did three laps in the Mall
today. So, I think I am making a bit of progress...can't wait to see what they have on the agenda for tomorrow.
Even went out and bought some new clothes...well, they are actually a b'day present from my hubby...I get some
new NY Giants clothing every year...this year, I decided on some exercise shorts and a neat t-shirt. So, we are
all prepared.

Edited by miss lumpy bumps 2008-09-24 10:20 PM
Ralph Luther
Posted 2008-09-25 5:41 AM (#19980 - in reply to #19729)
COMSUBBBS

Hmmmm heel lifts at a bar--sounds different but worth the try. 3 laps around the mall--- bought new clothes--- might just as well since you're already there. All this sounds like you are well on your way back to your usual self. :~)))))))))))))))))))))) You know me--I couldn't resist.
John Bay
Posted 2008-09-26 5:41 PM (#20017 - in reply to #19729)
Old Salt

I just gave that a shot, and even tho I did my usual half a**ed reading and left out the vanilla and threw it all in at once before mixing, it was great!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software