Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: USS GEORGE WASHINGTON, the world's first ballistic missile nuclear powered submarine, constructed in record time, set a record of its own by remaining submerged 67 days on its initial Polaris missile deterrent patrol in the Atlantic.
Congratulations to....
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Ric
Posted 2008-09-18 9:26 PM (#19746)

Plankowner

Subject: Congratulations to....

....one of the Navy's newest chief petty officers; DCC(SS/SW) David L. Johnston, USN. Dave is a co-contributor to the PigBoats.COM pages and presently on active duty at Naval Operational Support Center, Brunswick, Maine where he serves as the Command Services LCPO.

Dave is a former Darter sailor who had gotten out of the Navy and was living the civilian life when 9-11 happened . He went active with his reserve unit and the rest is history as the story goes..... Dave says,"The transition process to chief was long and tough, but we made it in fine shape. Our "special night" was Monday night and that was one of the hardest things I have ever done, but it was worth every minute. Making chief will rank right up there with getting my dolphins as a high point in my life."

View his bio go here; http://pigboats.com/davebio.html

You can read his latest contribution to PigBoats.COM here; http://pigboats.com/dave7.html

Ralph Luther
Posted 2008-09-19 5:10 AM (#19747 - in reply to #19746)
COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Congratulations to....

Good on ya, Dave, congrats. You had some good models there at PigBoat, Ric and Rick Larson.
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2008-09-19 4:54 PM (#19770 - in reply to #19746)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Congratulations to....

Congratulations, Dave.

I am a frequent visitor to the PIGBOATS site...and Looking Glass...if you look in S boats section, S-1, that's my granduncle, Vincent J. Moore, LCDR (Ret), dec. who was the XO.

Hope you have many more good years in Navy.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software