Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "Diving Officer, I believe we are airborne" OOD, looking out the periscope after a broach.
Beegle Doc and Stoops ride again!!!
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

The Brat
Posted 2008-09-19 5:48 PM (#19774)

Crew

Subject: Beegle Doc and Stoops ride again!!!

Just got off the phone with both of them. They are sitting in Dave's backyard with a cooler of beer telling no sh*tters and just taking time to enjoy life for a bit. Doc reports that the main living quarters of his home (the upstairs house) received no water damage. He managed to brave the stench from the fridge long enough to retrieve what beer he had in there and I guess everything else spoiled due to the power outage. That's Doc for ya! As long as the beer was okay, then life is good!

Dave said his place only received minor damage so the two of them were just hanging out celebrating that it wasn't any worse. Oh, and for those who remember that incident a few years back on a certain Cavalla work weekend..........Dave hid the car keys so they ain't going nowhere tonight!!
Ric
Posted 2008-09-19 6:10 PM (#19775 - in reply to #19774)

Plankowner

Subject: RE: Beegle Doc and Stoops ride again!!!

Glad Doc's place is OK. I thought it would.

As for Stoops... Well, good thing the keys got hid. You only get to do one roll over and live. they both were lucky.

Thanks Brat
Doc Gardner
Posted 2008-09-20 3:30 AM (#19782 - in reply to #19774)

Master and Commander

Those two bandits must have been burning up the cell phone minutes. They called me about 2200 Eastern Time thinking they would wake me up. They did, but I was driving my car at the time so they probably saved my life. I had to pull into a parking lot to keep from wrecking the car I was laughing so hard. I think all of Doc's beer got consumed last night and some of Dave's Scotch was on the menu also.
Ric
Posted 2008-09-20 5:04 AM (#19783 - in reply to #19782)

Plankowner

They called me too. Fortunately I was out to dinner and had left my cell at home. I still had an obscene voice mail though. That's OK, it's 5: am here. I'm going to see if I can stir their beans right now. That ought to help their head aches!!!!!

Ric
Stoops
Posted 2008-09-20 8:02 PM (#19797 - in reply to #19783)
Master and Commander

Well, Ric, I must have slept through your call...the cell phone was on the nightstand...but that's ok....I'll be returning the call later on tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!

If we had had internet access to get phone numbers, I am sure we'd have also harrassed Miss Lumpy Bumps and the Dexter......and anyone else we could have thought of that needed two idiot drunks to call them!

To correct Brat's post...we didn't really drink any beer... all we had was Budweiser....and I'm beginning to think there aren't any good large breweries anymore...I don't like any of the "major" brands....they all suck......

Great time talking to the Brat....she's enjoying her new job and she is very lucky in that and we are lucky because her job has her helping veterans out......I can't think of a better person to be in a position like that.....win/win situation all around......

Fun to talk with the Detroit Quack too......but when Beeghly and him got to talking about their most memorable short arm inspections and that sort of stuff, I had to go refill my scotch......only to come back and find out Gardner was telling the Beagle Doc where all Terry's unmentionables were and what the combination to the scotch safe was......I need to inventory both now to see what Beeghly made off with......I'm not worried about the scotch...Beeghly's alcoholic tastes are easily satisified with gasoline, diesel fuel, budweiser, and horsepiss......

Doc will be allowed to get back into Galveston on Wednesday...he's got a hell of a lot of work to do.....He was able to go on the island twice and survey his house....I think he's ok on his living quarters but anything that was on the ground was pretty much FUBAR......
His wife, Tam lost the place she works at, but now has a job in Houston and will stay at the abode of her boss while Doc recovers in Galveston.

Also, keep in your prayers Pete Coart. Pete helped load up Jimmy Evan's books and drive them to Little Rock to the Razorback site of the USSVI library. He was dangerously close to the water and I'd guess he has probably suffered major damage to his house from rising water......Pete was a radioman on the Entemedor and is a member of the Cavalla Base.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software