Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: Leonardo da Vinci, the Florentine Renaissance inventor and artist, developed plans for an underwater warship but kept them secret. He was afraid that it would make war even more frightful than it already was.
Do You Recall a time
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

RCK
Posted 2008-10-03 11:37 AM (#20142)
Master and Commander

Subject: Do You Recall a time

When was the last time you felt a true sense of goodness in the world and in your heart? It exists out there but we don't see it because the goodness in this world is filtered out by the news so they can line their pockets. Goodness exists, we just don't hear about it anymore.
Ralph Luther
Posted 2008-10-03 12:22 PM (#20143 - in reply to #20142)
COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Do You Recall a time

It is definitely out there, Robert, and you have to keep your eyes and ears open. Goodness doesn't sell well in the media.
BlackBeard
Posted 2008-10-03 2:38 PM (#20144 - in reply to #20142)

Great Sage of the Sea

Or you go out make your own. Volunteer.

BB
Smiley
Posted 2008-10-03 2:41 PM (#20145 - in reply to #20142)
Great Sage of the Sea

Last Month when My daughter and Son in Law informed us she was expecting her first baby after a while of trying..it's our 2nd Grandchild..
The price of Glenleviet went down $2 a 1.75 at local package store last week!
As well as everytime I put my feet on the ground and get up outta bed with no new pain and another wonderful day to look forward to..
Live for the present.. Life is good.. Oh and every time I venture into this sandbox with all you old crusty Bubbleheads..
GaryKC
Posted 2008-10-03 3:30 PM (#20147 - in reply to #20145)

COMSUBBBS

We may be " old crusty Bubbleheads " but our eyes should see each day as a new chance with new possibilities.

(happymoment.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments happymoment.jpg (21KB - 603 downloads)
OnBehalfOfBarneyJ
Posted 2008-10-03 3:36 PM (#20148 - in reply to #20147)

Mess cooking

that pic^^^ ROTFLMAO
Land Lubber
Posted 2008-10-03 4:29 PM (#20149 - in reply to #20142)
Old Salt

The moments are still out there but your'e right the press seems intrested in negative slants. Like the political debates...who says there has to be a winner or loser? I thought the point of the debat was so someone could hear the views expressed and make up their own mind as to who they want to vote for. A debate is not a sporting event.
I don't know about other places but here in California whenever a major fire breaks out the news will show non stop coverage. I have to turn it off. I don't enjoy seeing other people's property being totaly destroyed.
In fact look at all the negative stuff about entertainers.... They ENTERTAIN people. They in a busness to take your mind off reality but the press make their life miserable.
I say focos on the good people do. I try to make it a point to walk through the day with a smile on my face. At times I think it may annoy some people but to bad.
And that picture of the little guy is fantastic....(made my day!!!)
Steve
Ralph Luther
Posted 2008-10-03 6:03 PM (#20151 - in reply to #20142)
COMSUBBBS

Every day is a gift, Smiley.

When I walk down a street and meet someone I say hello or good morning with a smile on my face. Most of the time people look at me like I'm some sort of a nut--quiet Blue. Other people give me a blank look and then smile and say hello,etc. and some others just plain ignore me. It doesn't bother me with the negative, but, I shake my head, to myself, and think that they sure are missing a lot of what life has to offer by their attitude.
Every day is a gift, love it.

Edited by Ralph Luther 2008-10-03 6:03 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software