Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: The first periscope used by the United States Navy was not built for a submarine. The ironclad monitor OSAGE utilized a periscope to discover a Confederate cavalry unit taking cover behind the high banks of the Red River in Arkansas.
WWIII DISNEY PATCHES NEEDED FOR SPECIAL PROJECT (FREE)
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Skii
Posted 2008-10-05 9:03 AM (#20178)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: WWIII DISNEY PATCHES NEEDED FOR SPECIAL PROJECT (FREE)

Hey gang I am doing a special presentation for the Veteran's Museum in Branson, Mo. and would like to have in it some Disney patches and unusual patches. Since this is being done by our Assciation and
we are Non-Profit (no funds to buy them in the budget) I would like to solicit any of you to send me
them for inclusion in our project. Looking only for those Walt Disney patches designed for all those WWII boats after commissioning.

If you have extra ones you would like to have paart of this display please send them to me:

Richard Jarenski
7832 No. Sombrero Peak Dr.
Tucson, Az. 85743
520 744 0869 or cell 520 850 1437

Any questions on this project e mail me at rjarenski@aol.com

This is a unique project that will be an honor for all submariners and future visitors to the museum.

ski
USS STERLET SS392 Assn
Skii
Posted 2008-10-05 9:33 AM (#20179 - in reply to #20178)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: RE: WWII DISNEY PATCHES NEEDED FOR SPECIAL PROJECT (FREE)

OOOPS MEANT WWII - little quick on the fingers this morning ---

Hope I can get at least 20 of them or so --

sorry about the goof

ski
Bear
Posted 2008-10-05 7:50 PM (#20194 - in reply to #20178)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: RE: WWIII DISNEY PATCHES NEEDED FOR SPECIAL PROJECT (FREE)

I think I have a Dogfish and a couple others (they are reproductions) that I will send. Will include a Raton Battle flag patch that featured a Disney Rat on the the original  your hat should be to you if not already the tomorrow.

Bear

Skii
Posted 2008-10-05 8:31 PM (#20195 - in reply to #20178)

Great Sage of the Sea

Thanks mail being forwarded from summer address will probably get the hat on Wed...

Appreciate the patches will be a great help to our project for Veteran's Museum in Branson..

ski
Dantini
Posted 2008-10-07 7:53 AM (#20223 - in reply to #20178)

Senior Crew

Skii,

I am sending you one for the Baya SS-318 designed by Disney during the war years.  It shows a bear tearing the Jap flag into pieces.  Post a picture of your display after your event in Branson is over.

Dan

Edited by Dantini 2008-10-07 7:58 AM
Skii
Posted 2008-10-08 11:04 AM (#20239 - in reply to #20178)

Great Sage of the Sea

Thanks -- it will take a while to put it all together -- I will post a picture of the final product -- thanks for all those sending an patches they have -- this will be a good tribute to the USSVI diesel boat images from WWII --- Disney did a lot to make us proud/recognizable/and known to the public.
As I mentioned in my original post Cdr Donald Disney was on the Sterlet in 1945-46.

Look for the finished product sometime in the Spring of 09.

ski
Sterlet Assn Cdr/Secy

Any input/suggestions/questions call me at 520 744 0869 or email me at rjarenski@aol.com
or leave a message here in my inbox as Jim from the Requin did (thanks Jim for the pics
and input)
TSpoon
Posted 2008-10-08 9:22 PM (#20249 - in reply to #20178)
Great Sage of the Sea

Aldona Sendakis past Collections and Education Manager aboard the Pampanito was doing research for an intended book about Disney designed WWII art work. She left about 5 or 6 years back and is a professor of Twentieth Century US Military History at a university in Canada. Perhaps someone in the Pampanito organiztion has an address or contact info for her.

T.Spoon, DBF
Bear
Posted 2008-10-09 4:01 PM (#20266 - in reply to #20178)

Great Sage of the Sea

Ski sent the ones I had that I think are Disney when is your event? I maybe able to get more.
Skii
Posted 2008-10-09 6:48 PM (#20268 - in reply to #20178)

Great Sage of the Sea

Presentation will be made next year Spring/Summer so we have time and it will take time to do it right and the way we all will be proud..
I am going to write to all Associations I know that had disney patces and hope that will give me what
will be a great display -- then I can also by some from patch sellers to fill in some blanks --- have much time as Iam starting early. Thanks for the ones you sent.

Got the cap today -- will call you tomorrow - need many changes to it and order the final products including one for his wife Betsy

Call me when in office 520 744 0869 will be in until Noon Az time

ski
Skii
Posted 2008-10-13 5:58 AM (#20349 - in reply to #20178)

Great Sage of the Sea

I have received eight patches from you thanks very much -- plus now I will have some Phillipine Teak Lare dolphins donated by Bear to adorn the top of my display -- so nice to have received so many in one week -- this is a few months project so anyone with any extra Disney or interesting WWII patches please send them to me for our display to be given to the Veteran's Museum in Branson.
They currently have no submarine memorabilia on display and the Disney Patches sparked their
interest.

Sent them to: Richard Jarenski
USS STERLET SS392 Association
7832 No. Sombrero Pk Dr
Tucson, Az. 85743
520 744 0869 email rjarenski@aol.com

Thanks

ski
Bear
Posted 2008-10-30 1:31 PM (#20974 - in reply to #20178)

Great Sage of the Sea

Did the Phins arrive in one piece They should have been there yesterday with the hats
Skii
Posted 2008-10-30 1:43 PM (#20975 - in reply to #20178)

Great Sage of the Sea

Sent you an e mail -- package arrived -- Phin's in one piece and look like new and will be a great header for our display for the Veteran's Museum we are doing to present to them in the Fall of 2009 -- received over 14 disney patches already.

Caps look great -- have been in touch with Branson and they will be there tomorrow (sent them overnight with our special envelopes for Lt Col. North and Tony Orlando). Will keep you posted about how things go -- this is going to be a significan honor to him from all Submarine Veteran's and especially the beautiful (breast cancer awareness color) cap for his wife Betsy.

Thanks Bear for the excellent support on this project

Ski
Sterlet Assn Cdr/Secy

Sent him a copy of a book written by one of our officers Lt Wright (he is still alive and ini nursing home in Calif) called "The Last Good War" - who knows he may even go visit he and his wife and interview him after he reads it - Lt wright did all war patrols on the Sterlet and is one of the few surviving officers from the Majestic Lady.
Bear
Posted 2008-10-30 1:52 PM (#20976 - in reply to #20178)

Great Sage of the Sea

thanks Ski    missed your email as I told you if you look very closer at the dolphins there is a crack that I repair years ago and I was afraid that they would get bent in shipping and break at the crack. I have some other thing on the way fro you soon
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software