Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "When you shoot at a destroyer and miss, it's like hit'in a wildcat in the ass with a banjo” -- Chief Officer Steward Dogan on the USS Gurnard during WWII
A serious request for naval tradition information.
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

GaryKC
Posted 2008-10-13 4:38 PM (#20380 - in reply to #20331)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: A serious request for naval tradition information.

I am confident that USSVI and the members of this forum will incorporate suitable and proper procedures prior to my initiation in 2022.

(Holland2022.gif)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Holland2022.gif (21KB - 773 downloads)
Ralph Luther
Posted 2008-10-13 5:37 PM (#20384 - in reply to #20331)
COMSUBBBS

Not being in the Holland Club--yet I don't know the details of what takes place during the annual convention with the Holland Club other than there is a breakfast for members. Is there or could there be a ceremony at the conventions for guys inducted since the previous convention?

Damn Gary, 2022 will put me over the 81 mark. It would be great to see a fellow 484 sailor make it in. If I make it would you push my wheelchair around? I'll buy you a beer and make a toast.

Edited by Ralph Luther 2008-10-13 5:42 PM
PatH
Posted 2008-10-13 6:24 PM (#20388 - in reply to #20331)

Great Sage of the Sea

Here is a link to a "You Tube" video of Holland Club Chair Frank Lister speaking at the Ft Worth Holland Club breakfast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPU2pc7JIxw

Edited by PatH 2008-10-13 6:25 PM
SOB490
Posted 2008-10-13 9:30 PM (#20390 - in reply to #20377)

Old Salt

Runner485 - 2008-10-13 1:13 PM
SOB, thanks for that very ugly rendition of our top ring knocker minds acting like morons. I was gonna say like kindergarten kids, I actually wrote it, and it just didn't express my disdain enough. It's actually embarrassing. As for me I'll stick with the mess hall in the after battery.

Yeah, Joe, it is embarrassing - but they were skimmers and all but the CO. XO, and me were USNR types who also literally wore short timer chains and started their countdown at about 400 days! Lotsa morale, to be sure. All bad.

As for the After/Forward Battery thing, I still have my doubts until that retirement check shows up! Then the move almost seems worth it!
Roy Ator
Posted 2008-10-13 9:43 PM (#20391 - in reply to #20388)

Great Sage of the Sea

"As for the After/Forward Battery thing, I still have my doubts until that retirement check shows up! Then the move almost seems worth it!" From my good friend SOB...
No doubt about it! That monthly stipend do make it all worthwhile! The "only" reason that I went the Warrant/LDO route. I was perfectly happy & satisfied in the Goat Locker. I gambled & went for the $$$. For me it's still paying off.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software