Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: Records for enemy shipping sunk by U.S. submarines during World War II are held by two boats built by Electric Boat. The USS FLASHER sank 100,231 tons of Japanese shipping, while the USS TAUTOG holds the record for the most ships - 26.
A bad day today.....
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Blue from West Oz
Posted 2008-10-15 3:17 AM (#20424)

Master and Commander

Subject: A bad day today.....

...first off I cancelled my ticket to Chicago, lost $800 there
Then I cancelled Kathy's return ticket from Sydney to Perth to Sydney....lost $400 there.
I am yet to work out if I am still going to go to Sydney for that weekend....I had booked a climb of the Sydney Harbour Bridge for the two of us at $200 each and that will also be lost money as I cannot postpone it. So I may as well go anyway.

Then just when I was busy feeling sorry for myself, I get a phone call from the kids school, "Pamela had a fall and hurt her neck"

So I take her to hospital and after 6 hours I finally leave when her mum turns up and takes over for a while.

She can move all her limbs etc, but has tingling down her right arm so I gather that is either a pinched nerve or nerve damage perhaps. She has had a cat scan but there was an emergency so we got pushed to the back etc.

I believe she will be ok, just sore for awhile ....that's my guess anyway.

what a day

Blue *_*
Box kicker
Posted 2008-10-15 4:28 AM (#20425 - in reply to #20424)

Old Salt

Subject: RE: A bad day today.....

Sounds a bit rough. But the good news is your daughter is probably going to be fine, and though your wallet may be a bit lighter for the moment, it's condition is only temporary.

I guess the good news is that you found out now, not years down the road. That doesnt make it hurt any less, though your perspective will change over time.

Hang in there!
Blue from West Oz
Posted 2008-10-15 5:25 AM (#20429 - in reply to #20425)

Master and Commander

Cheers mate.

Actually the good news is that Pamela has been released from hospital with only a badly spained neck. Thank goodness!

cheers

Blue *_*
Ric
Posted 2008-10-15 6:51 AM (#20431 - in reply to #20424)

Plankowner

Blue, sounds like there is more to your tale but as boat sailor you are well aware that crapola happens and time and friends will get you through. The good news is your daughter is going to OK. The money stuff is not trivial but it is only money. Hang in there my friend.
Ralph Luther
Posted 2008-10-15 7:04 AM (#20434 - in reply to #20424)
COMSUBBBS

Great to hear that Pamela will be okay.
Dog-gone Mate, you should let us know about the ticket situation. Rather than losing that amount of money we could of raffled them off for someone here to use them. I'm sure you can find someone to do the bridge climb. Seems like I remember you have a phone number or two in Sydney on file.
Blue from West Oz
Posted 2008-10-15 7:19 AM (#20437 - in reply to #20434)

Master and Commander

Ralph Luther - 2008-10-15 9:04 PM

Great to hear that Pamela will be okay.
Dog-gone Mate, you should let us know about the ticket situation. Rather than losing that amount of money we could of raffled them off for someone here to use them. I'm sure you can find someone to do the bridge climb. Seems like I remember you have a phone number or two in Sydney on file.

The problem with flight tickets is that you cannot change the name of the person using them. ( here in Oz at least )

Hmmmm, nope, I don't have any female contacts in Sydney, anymore. Once upon a time I did.....

I may take my 26 yr old cousin, Cathy, up there for a treat. The climb 'was' a birthday pressie to Kathy so it is going to be hard to do it without her.

Life goes on so they say, and who knows who is lurking around the corner - but I am sure this is going to take time.

Cheers guys.

Blue *_*
chiefjoe
Posted 2008-10-15 8:05 AM (#20438 - in reply to #20424)
Senior Crew

I'll raise a glass to you and yours and say a prayer that they continue hale and hearty.

I often state, "I don't understand it, but I APPRECIATE IT!"

Joe P
Ralph Luther
Posted 2008-10-15 10:36 AM (#20445 - in reply to #20424)
COMSUBBBS

Hmmmmmm let see----who around here could wear a skirt????? Seems like there were 3 once upon a time that------ naaaaaa they wouldn't work. Hells fire their ugly faces alone would get them rejected-----and those legs------would cause them to have the plane to themselves.
Corabelle
Posted 2008-10-15 2:04 PM (#20446 - in reply to #20424)

COMSUBBBS

Sorry, Blue.

As someone else said, better to find out sooner than later.

Didn't Pamila break her arm while you were doing your USA Tour? She lives on the edge, it would seem.

Cora
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2008-10-15 2:17 PM (#20447 - in reply to #20424)

COMSUBBBS

Hey Paul,

Sorry to hear about Pamela.  She is one lucky young lady...she will be in our prayers for a speedy recovery. 

Also sad to hear about having to cancel some of your plans...that just stinks.  Hope things work out for you.

Blue from West Oz
Posted 2008-10-15 5:59 PM (#20455 - in reply to #20446)

Master and Commander

Yes good memory there Cora, Pamela did break her arm back in 2004. She is a bit of a tom boy for sure but with a smile that melts a Dad's heart.

She sometimes gives me a 'look' when I am telling her off, and I end up laughing although I am really upset with her.

Cheers

Paul
Smiley
Posted 2008-10-16 4:05 AM (#20457 - in reply to #20455)
Great Sage of the Sea

Blue from West Oz - 2008-10-15 8:59 PM

Yes good memory there Cora, Pamela did break her arm back in 2004. She is a bit of a tom boy for sure but with a smile that melts a Dad's heart.

She sometimes gives me a 'look' when I am telling her off, and I end up laughing although I am really upset with her.

Cheers

Paul

Ah yes Blue .. Daughter's do know how to charm the old Man for sure....as she gets older keep a tighter grip on your wallet sport..
You Wanna a bigger charmer??? Just wait until you have a Grand Daughter
I'm happy your "Sunshine" is okay..nothing wrong about being a "Tom Boy" I survived my daughter's Tom Boy years and most important she did too.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software