Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: Leonardo da Vinci, the Florentine Renaissance inventor and artist, developed plans for an underwater warship but kept them secret. He was afraid that it would make war even more frightful than it already was.
Guess I'm bored, too! Definitely NSR
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Corabelle
Posted 2008-10-18 6:06 PM (#20535)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Guess I'm bored, too! Definitely NSR

I just found what might just be the book I've been looking for.
The title is: "The Get-Your-Man-to-Marry-You Plan"
The subtitle is: "Buying the Cow in the Age of Free Milk"
Author: Lori Usher-Pines, Phd.

Of course I 'spose there has to be a visible man for this plan to work?!?

What is it about Saturday evening that makes me get silly?

Cora

Edited by Corabelle 2008-10-18 11:06 PM
dex armstrong
Posted 2008-10-19 11:18 AM (#20540 - in reply to #20535)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Corabelle, The system I've devised

I contacted Cabelas and ordered 300 heavy springloaded Kodiak bear traps. They are steel jawed traps attached to twelve feet of industrial logging chain and a four foot impossible to pull out of the ground, anchor stake. I place them in rose arbors, daffadil beds, opera house ladies rooms. health spa changing rooms, the scented candle department at Wal-Mart, the CD counter in religious book stores, romance novel book racks and the three thongs for five dollars table in Victoria Secrets. I bait them with COSMOPOLITAN MAGAZINES, boxes of Godiva chocolates, Cupons for Wonder bras, signed photos of Engleburt Humperdink, Neil Diamond, Tom Jones....and several NHL goalies who actually have more than three actual teeth...I use shoes left over from the costume room of SEX AND THE CITY and boxes of Omaha steaks. Every night I go out and check my traps....I have to do it regularly before the old ladies I trap, chew their legs off and get away...you know when they've done that by the gnawed up panty hose hanging on a nearby limb. You get a lot of throw-backs....If you field dress them, cut away their calico hides, slips and undies and get down to super absorbant Depends, Poise Pads or plastic bloomers, you have to give em cab fare anf turn them loose. Kodiak bear traps do not discriminate by gender....Just go to your neighborhood bar on Sunday when the NFL games are being played and bait a couple of them with Beer Nuts and barmaid panties....It's all in my forthcoming book...NAILING DOWN A DATE WITH SNAP TRAPS....DEX
sister5lp
Posted 2008-10-19 11:21 AM (#20541 - in reply to #20535)

Mess cooking

Subject: RE: Guess I'm bored, too! Definitely NSR

Well Cora that sounds like rather intersting reading. It is probably the fact that you all out in the "hills" have gotten some of that white stuff falling from the sky already this year. I know the coming weather change has me thinking all sorts of "strange" things. For you all out of state or out of county, that white stuff was snow. Cora's area was forcast to get a real hefty dose of it last week end.
Ralph Luther
Posted 2008-10-19 5:03 PM (#20560 - in reply to #20535)
COMSUBBBS

Ahhhhh Laura you have done spilled the beans. I can now begin my seasonnal pinging on Cora with the snow. Must admit though that it was a bit chilly here in Charleston this morning. No frost though.
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2008-10-19 5:08 PM (#20561 - in reply to #20535)

COMSUBBBS

Cora...you are not the only one...but then with me...it's 24/7, 365 days a year...especially when there has been a full moon...and now more than ever...it's "my season"...the bats come out...ME!  (as you can tell by one previous post);>))
Blue from West Oz
Posted 2008-10-20 4:06 AM (#20566 - in reply to #20560)

Master and Commander

huh....with a temperature of 93f yesterday and today, I'm lovin' it! Even went for a short run today.

Hey, it's not even Summer yet.

Blue *_*
steamboat
Posted 2008-10-20 5:42 AM (#20571 - in reply to #20535)
Master and Commander

"The frost is on the punkin" here in Virginia this morning, and you know what that means.....
I have a good Buddy here that is a dairy farmer, as was his Dad. He has 3 siblings, and they all have birthdays in July. The way he figures it is that by the time his Dad got 2nd cutting hay up, corn chopped and silos filled in fall, only then did he have time to "take care of business." LOL!
Steamboat sends
Corabelle
Posted 2008-10-20 9:35 AM (#20581 - in reply to #20571)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Hey, hey, Steamboat!

I have been a math student for most of my life, also. Little different timing then your friend, however. My mother had seven children; four of us (including me) were born in January. That's nine months after April, which is when Mama's birthday was. I figured that we were all "birthday gifts."

, !

Cora
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software