Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: Three wives of Presidents of the United States have sponsored submarines. Mrs. Dwight D. Eisenhower christened the USS NAUTILUS, Mrs. John F. Kennedy christened the USS LAFAYETTE and Mrs. Hillary Clinton christened the USS Columbia SSN771 in 1995.
Obit Messenger results for 10/22/08.
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Pig
Posted 2008-10-22 10:02 AM (#20689)
Plankowner

Subject: Obit Messenger results for 10/22/08.

- (Honolulu Advertiser)
MARY L. CHASE, 68, of Silverdale, Wash., formerly of Hawai'i, died Sept. 28, 2008. Born in Little Rock, Ark. Bartender at Pearl Harbor Submarine Base. Survived by daughters, Deborah Brown, Dawndi Thomas and Kimberly Newton; sisters, Linda Dunlap and Sandra Lawhorn; grandchildren, Meagan Gutierrez, Cody and Chelsea Brown and Michael Ables-Tuuponia. Donations to Harrison Medical Center, 2520 Cherry Ave., Bremerton, WA 98310. Arrangements by Linde Family Funeral Service.

- (Globe Gazette)
QUINN, Francis "Bud", 79, 105 N. German St., Ventura, died Sunday, October 19, 2008 at Mercy Medical Center-North Iowa, Mason City. Bud was born November 19, 1928, in Austin, Minn., the son of Curtis and Mary (Conley) Quinn. He was raised on a farm west of Whittmore where he graduated from High School. He enlisted in the Navy in 1950 and served on a submarine. When he was honorably discharged he worked with his father on the farm. Bud married Jacqueline Weydert on Feb. 14, 1953, at St. Patrick's Catholic Church in Clear Lake. After they were married they moved to West Bend and farmed from 1953 to 1961 and then moved to the Pete Weydert farm rural Ventura where he continued to farm and also drove semi for the Allied Mills. They moved to Ventura in 1983. Bud is survived by his wife, Jacqueline Quinn, of Ventura; five children, Christi Halen (Jim), of Cedar City, UT; Curtis Quinn of Cylinder, Carol Dumais (Tommy), of Conrowe, TX; Connie Coleman (Paul) and Clark Quinn (Kathy), of Clear Lake; three sisters, Nina Case of Tyler, MN, Dorothy Mergen (Clem), of Estherville, and Marilyn Perkins (Bob), of Britt; 19 grandchildren, and 18 great-grandchildren. Bud was preceded in death by his parents, Mary and Curtis Quinn; and his brothers, Lester, Joe and Bill Quinn. A funeral service will be held 10:30 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 23, at St. Patrick's Catholic Church, 1001 Ninth Ave. S. in Clear Lake, with the Rev. John R. Tilp officiating. Interment will be held at the Clear Lake Cemetery. Military honors will be provided by the Clear Lake VFW. Visitation will be from 3 to 7:30 p.m. today, Oct. 22, at Ward-Van Slyke Colonial Chapel, 101 N. Fourth St. in Clear Lake, with a scriptural wake service at 6 p.m. Family suggests memorials may be directed to the Francis Quinn Memorial Fund. Ward-Van Slyke Colonial Chapel, 641-357-2193. www.colonialchapels.com

crystal
Posted 2008-10-22 11:53 AM (#20693 - in reply to #20689)

Master and Commander

Subject: Question Ken;

Even though it seems obvious at first glance, does your search engine, for these notices, use any other search word(s) but "submarine"?   The reason that I ask is that basically I'm trying to set up the same thing but not for obits. 

Thanks for your continued work on this project.  I'm thinking that I probably know the lady bartender and since I'm close enough might get down there to pay my respects to her (hell, any bartender that puts up with sub sailors deserves our respect for that matter)... I remember this one in Little Rock a couple of years back.  We (Dan Martini and I) tipped her $20 before we had our first drink! (but Dan won't remember that - right Dan?)...

Edited by crystal 2008-10-22 12:01 PM

(9-14-06.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 9-14-06.jpg (80KB - 639 downloads)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software