Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: The USS SKATE (SSN 578) was the first vessel ever to surface at the North Pole, when on March 17, 1959 she surfaced there to conduct memorial services for the renowned Arctic explorer Sir Hubert Wilkins.
Thanks Stoops
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

dex armstrong
Posted 2008-10-25 9:19 PM (#20811)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Thanks Stoops

I always check with Doris before bedtime to see how she's doing and if we have any appointments for the following day...if so the times. Then I go over what she's eating. Doris is like some kind of naughty little kid. The chemo has effected her appetite and she won't eat if you don't watch her like a hawk. A couple of times I've had to go pick up carry-out, drive over and sit there and watch her eat. It's like trying to get Brussel sprouts in a four year old. Well Dave, tonight I called and this afternoon the mailman brought her a card from you...Man, I have no idea what was in the card, but all she could talk about was your card. Did it contain a marriage proposal? She kept telling me how wonderful submarine sailors are. I asked her, "How'n the hell did you come to that conclusion?" "Who else would send cards to a person they've never met?" 'Did Stoops tell you that he just made parole after spending five years in prison for doing perverted things with squirrels and large owls?" "Well he's a very nice man." Dave, you're a very nice man...How do I know? She told me that thirty or forty times on the phone tonight...Thanks to you and the other wonderful folks who took time to send her cards...They brought her some rare moments of total sunshine...She reads the printed sentiments contained in the cards like they are direct telegrams from God or Moses brought them down from the mountain. Nobody appreciates cards like Doris....Thanks for everyones collective kindness. She has them all sitting on every horizontal surface in her living room and has forced me to read every one at lest five times...You have to do it, because she won't let you pass up direct telegrams from God. Thanks DEX
Stoops
Posted 2008-10-25 9:30 PM (#20812 - in reply to #20811)
Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Thanks Stoops

I'm not doing nearly what you are, Dex. Tell her we continue to keep her in our prayers.....and that if she is not behaving we will send Doc Beeghly up there to straighten her out......and you can tell her what that means.....

Bless the both of you....I haven't done squat....but you have, Dex....just keep reassuring her that she has a submerged fleet pulling for her................

I'm not going to tell you what titillating things I told her about Doc Gardner....I had to reserve what I could tell her about Beeghly for obvious moral and legal reasons...............Maybe sometime you could sit with her and explain the intricacies about US NAVY peckercheckers.....It's much too a large job for me..............

Thanks for being there for such a gentle soul.................

Edited by Stoops 2008-10-25 9:47 PM
Ralph Luther
Posted 2008-10-26 8:12 AM (#20819 - in reply to #20811)
COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Thanks Stoops

Dex, with all those cards she has received, I find it hard to believe not one of them contained warnings about you. Great Job, Shipmate, we are all proud of you and know that behind that rough self there is a teddy bear lurking. Give Doris a hug for us.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software