Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: The USS NAUTILUS SSN 571 made history by cruising submerged from the pacific to the Atlantic Ocean, passing under the North Pole at 11:15 p.m. EDST on August 3, 1958.
From Rachel, THANK YOU!
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Hairball
Posted 2008-10-26 10:12 PM (#20828)
Senior Crew

Subject: From Rachel, THANK YOU!

Hairball here:
Rachel has asked me to thank you guys for the cards. When I brought them home from the mailbox she was amazed and deeply moved, as I was. As you know Rachel has been very ill indeed and with it came bad depression. It's been a very rough few months but at last the (sensible) meds she's getting are really doing the trick. But those cards really made a huge difference to her... and me. What an amazing bunch of guys you are.

Please.... if any of you ever come up here to the island of Newfoundland, let me know ahead of time and I'll take leave.

For once I'm out of the right words and, 'thank you,' really doesn't tell you all how I feel. God bless you all and from Rae, BIG HUGS to you guys!

Hairy.
Flapper
Posted 2008-10-26 10:47 PM (#20829 - in reply to #20828)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: From Rachel, THANK YOU!

what are friends for, Hairy?
Darrin
Posted 2008-10-27 4:59 AM (#20831 - in reply to #20828)

Great Sage of the Sea

Glad to hear that Rae is doing better now Hairy, keep us informed ok?
Ralph Luther
Posted 2008-10-27 5:47 AM (#20833 - in reply to #20828)
COMSUBBBS

She's special and needs all the help she can muster to stay couped up on tha island with you. Give her a big ole hug for us
You might rue the day you said for us to come up to that island
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2008-10-27 6:41 AM (#20834 - in reply to #20828)

COMSUBBBS

So glad to hear she is doing better, Arin.  Her continued recovery will still be on the top of our prayer list...and
you'll have a special one added...just to give it a little extra.

Be well...and give Rachel our best.
Smiley
Posted 2008-10-27 10:21 AM (#20839 - in reply to #20828)
Great Sage of the Sea

Hairball we sent some cookies too but we heard that those Canooks in Canadian Customs ate them... They said they were checking them for "posion" .
It's great to hear your better half is doing better, Give Rachel a big hug from us.
dex armstrong
Posted 2008-10-27 12:17 PM (#20844 - in reply to #20828)

COMSUBBBS

Hey Hairball, I missed out on this project...If you still have my e-mail address (hint...sen41@hotmail.com) send me details and address. After all the kindness shown Doris, I would be one ungrateful sonuvabitch if I failed to return such kindness in kind. Thanks DEX
Doc Gardner
Posted 2008-10-27 1:38 PM (#20850 - in reply to #20844)

Master and Commander

Subject: Dex: you want to be a cheer up card sender?

dex armstrong - 2008-10-27 1:17 PM

Hey Hairball, I missed out on this project...If you still have my e-mail address (hint...sen41@hotmail.com) send me details and address. After all the kindness shown Doris, I would be one ungrateful sonuvabitch if I failed to return such kindness in kind. Thanks DEX

Hey Dex:
You want to be part of the "Binnacle List" card senders just say the word and I'll add you to the list. All you have to do then is respond with a card to the individual listed whenever I send out the "Binnacle List" notification.
Nobody checks up on you to see if you did anything but from the responses I see on this BBS and from other areas the cards get sent, the recipients are glad to get them and all of us who participate get that warm feeling that at least once, we made somebody feel better.
Same goes for anybody else who wants to participate. All I need is your e-mail address and your willingness to send out the appropriate card when you get the notification. The pay is lousy but the benefits are great.
Doc Gardner
Binnacle List Tender
Ralph Luther
Posted 2008-10-27 4:10 PM (#20860 - in reply to #20828)
COMSUBBBS

I can vouch for the lousy pay. I've been on Doc's list since day one and yeah must admit the bennies are great.
Try it you'll like it!!

Edited by Ralph Luther 2008-10-27 4:11 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software