Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: When the nuclear powered submarine USS SEADRAGON surfaced at the North Pole while charting the Northwest passage in August 1960, the crew organized a baseball game. Because of Polar time differences, when a batter clouted a home run it would land in either the next day or in 'yesterday'.
Just turned a text messaging spammer in....
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Ric
Posted 2008-10-27 10:12 AM (#20836)

Plankowner

Subject: Just turned a text messaging spammer in....

...to the National Do Not Call Registry. My number has been on file for 5 years with them and this is the second spammer I've turned in.

I refuse to pay text messaging fees for spam.

https://www.donotcall.gov/complaint/complaintcheck.aspx
SOB490
Posted 2008-10-28 5:59 PM (#20900 - in reply to #20836)

Old Salt

Subject: RE: Just turned a text messaging spammer in....

Here are a couple more sites that supposedly have teeth that I report ALL spam to, whether it be texters on my cell phone or those schmucks who get thru my E-mail spam filters:

IRS: phishing@irs.gov

Federal Trade Commission: spam@uce.gov

California Attorney General: dca@dca.ca.gov [Check - your own state AG probably has a reporting E-mail addy too]

Plus I take the time to notify companies that are used for phishing, i.e. banks, S&Ls, Amazon, E-bay, department store chains, and the like. They all have spam and/or fraud reporting E-mail addresses -- and I use them.

If the company being used in a phishing scam doesn't care, nobody else will -- especially not our ISPs themselves. But the companies do care and they do take action. It is worth a few more entries in your E-mail address book, believe me. I've actually received a few calls from those company security departments as part of their followup - and they are really pissed at the scammers.

Oh, yes, another tip -- I set my filters and block all ".info" URLs and addresses - they are really proliferating and have absolutely nothing that I'm interested in getting in my inbox.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software