Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: Interests in submarines extends to royalty and presidents. The King of England and the King and Queen of Spain are among those who have made submerged cruises in submarines. As a result of a trip in an early United States submarine, President "Teddy" Roosevelt ordered extra compensation for personnel serving in the "Silent Service." President Harry Truman made a 440 foot dive in a captured German submarine. The first President to cruise aboard a nuclear submarine was President Eisenhower who rode the USS SEAWOLF out of Newport, Rhode Island on September 26, 1957.
Solved my text messaging spam problem....
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Ric
Posted 2008-10-27 10:26 AM (#20840)

Plankowner

Subject: Solved my text messaging spam problem....

.. I got T-Mobile to put a permanent text blocker on the account so no texts can come through. I used it once and found it to be a waste of time. I am text free and I'm not paying unwanted fees.
Ralph Luther
Posted 2008-10-27 10:34 AM (#20841 - in reply to #20840)
COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Solved my text messaging spam problem....

I'm with you on that text messaging-- a waste of time and more hazardous to your health if you're driving.
Palm Bay Ken
Posted 2008-10-27 11:40 AM (#20843 - in reply to #20840)

Great Sage of the Sea

" I used it once and found it to be a waste of time. I am text free and I'm not paying unwanted fees."

Good move Ric. I have nTelos and never used text. Last week I got a text asking me to call an 807 area code number. I remembered reading something about a $2400/minute charge on the AC and had nTelos lock out texting.
MAD DOG
Posted 2008-10-27 2:33 PM (#20854 - in reply to #20843)

Master and Commander

Sounds like a good move.I'm calling Sprint in the morning.
Land Lubber
Posted 2008-10-27 2:54 PM (#20856 - in reply to #20840)
Old Salt

I did the same thing some time ago. I started receiving all kinds of junk mail from my provider. Even after "texting Stop" as requested a month would go by and then here came the ads again.
Now I did receive a rather interesting photo from an unknown lady looking for work once.
Steve
Runner485
Posted 2008-10-27 3:52 PM (#20859 - in reply to #20840)

COMSUBBBS

When I received a text msg. advertisement on my cell, I called Verizon the next morning and told them to shut off my numbers ability to receive anything other than a phone call. I told them I'm not paying them to receive spam advertisements.

They did shut my down and I haven't received any unwanted mail. My kids tell me to come up out of the cave into the new world of technology, and get with it. To which I replied, Nutz!

Ric
Posted 2008-10-27 4:12 PM (#20861 - in reply to #20859)

Plankowner

I know what you mean. When I told the woman at T-Mobile I wanted to stop it she was telling about people who text around 3000 messages a month!!!! I said what a waste of time and money. She sounded pretty young so she was probably a texting freak too.....
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software