Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: How long will it take the average sailor to become a submariner? The average sailor will never become a submariner.
Who else is going to Corabelle's house, Trick'r Treating this year?
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

dex armstrong
Posted 2008-10-27 12:35 PM (#20848)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Who else is going to Corabelle's house, Trick'r Treating this year?

I'm dressing up as Big Ralph the HARLEY-DAVIDSON MAN.....and hauling a five gallon paint bucket. Doc Beeghly said one year she made chocolate chip cookies using homemade Ex-Lax chocolate chips....resulting in a three block line outside of the SunoCo bathrooms and two construction site port-a-potties. Let me know who else is making the pilgrimage...and what costumes they will be wearing....DEX
MAD DOG
Posted 2008-10-27 2:29 PM (#20853 - in reply to #20848)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Who else is going to Corabelle's house, Trick'r Treating this year?

I'll be there.I'll be the one wearing a Dex mask and a bullet proof vest!

SmileyCentral.com
Land Lubber
Posted 2008-10-27 2:48 PM (#20855 - in reply to #20848)
Old Salt

Subject: RE: Who else is going to Corabelle's house, Trick'r Treating this year?

I'll go as something really scary like ......a gas pump.
Ya know ya gotta be careful. Corabell still has that arsonal waiting....
Steve
Corabelle
Posted 2008-10-27 7:22 PM (#20867 - in reply to #20848)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Would you believe that I bought my "Treats" just today?

...now, down to the La-bor-a-tory! Hee hee hee!

Cora
sister5lp
Posted 2008-11-02 3:28 PM (#21068 - in reply to #20848)

Mess cooking

OK what happened to all you sailors that were suposed to be showing up at Cora's and my doors? Come on fellas, we were all ready for you. All I saw was the grim reaper, batman, and 3 princesses, of varying sizes (grand-nieces and grand-nephews).
Corabelle
Posted 2008-11-02 4:13 PM (#21071 - in reply to #21068)

COMSUBBBS

I was wondering that too, Laura. Late afternoon, I made a speedy trip for more "treats;" seems the ones I first bought disappeared. Then, I only had two little ones, and they were early on. The daddy told them to "take just one," so the little boy took just one; the little girl also took just one (with one hand), then took a fistful with the other. She was dressed as a fairy princess - I can't remember what the little boy was (dressed as).

I have no small grandchildren left - youngest is 14. My three "greats," a 7 year old boy, and twin two year olds (boy and girl) live in Newcastle, Wyoming. Guess 100 miles is too fur a piece to come for trick-or-treats. I guess the little ones were Hansel and Gretal, and the seven year old was a transformer (?).

Well now, I guess I'm just going to have to eat all the leftover treats. It's a dirty job, but someboy has to do it. 'Spose that's why I don't look like my eighteen year old picture any more?

Cora
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2008-11-02 5:11 PM (#21072 - in reply to #21071)

COMSUBBBS

I have more left over candy than I know what to do with...only had 8 kids + one adult w/child show up.  The weather was great for them...at least, not too cold.  Will save all the Snickers for my Mother...and HIDE the rest...don't want the CO
"cheating".
Ralph Luther
Posted 2008-11-02 5:37 PM (#21073 - in reply to #20848)
COMSUBBBS

Ahhhh wellll Ladies, it was like this. Dex rented/leased a Greyhound Bus for all of us to ride in and make the rounds. We left Dex's place and headed off to Cora's. We got as far as East Tennessee when Dex got a bright idea to stop and say " Howdy" to some of his kin. Need I say more?
Dex went and got us all locked up. Seems like he got some young gal pregnant many years ago and the warrants were still out for him. We got locked up because Dex told them we were the bad influence on him.
Olgoat Stone used his silver tounge to sweet talk the judge, but actually it was the ear washing trick he used on the judge and we were set free.All except Dex--of course. Haven't seen or heard from Dex. Those of us set free went to church this morning at one of those snake handling places. Weren't none of us brave enough to say we knew Dex Armstrong. We hopped on that Grey-dog a lit out of there. Just got home a while ago.
If I'm lyin, I'm dyin. That's my story and I'm stickin to it. If Dex tries to tell you differnt he's a lyin sob.
MAD DOG
Posted 2008-11-02 6:23 PM (#21076 - in reply to #21073)

Master and Commander

Yes gals,as always,Ralph speaks the gospel truth.
We all boarded that ole broke down bus with the best of
intentions.
The East Tennessee detour,the night in the hoosgow,and even the mean assed snakes at church(especially the two legged ones) were all Dex's fault.
'Course that mason jar that Ralph was passin' around may have had sumpin
to do with it,but I think Dex put him up to it.

Edited by MAD DOG 2008-11-02 6:44 PM
Ralph Luther
Posted 2008-11-03 6:33 AM (#21085 - in reply to #20848)
COMSUBBBS

Awwww geeezz Mad Dog, you tweren't posta tell. I told my "Ball&Chain" we were going to the University of South Carolina & Tennessee football game, not chasin wimens on halloween. USC whupped Tenn by the way.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software