Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: USS R-6 was fitted the first prototype US submarine snorkel at Portsmouth Naval Shipyard in the closing months of the European part of WW II in April / May 1945 and successfully tested it off Fort Lauderdale, Fl. as the war against Japan ended in August 1945. The snorkel was removed from the USS R-6 and she was decommissioned and scrapped in September 1945.
Marines contaminated at Camp LeJeune.
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2008-10-30 3:41 PM (#20977)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Marines contaminated at Camp LeJeune.

(marines.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments marines.jpg (77KB - 658 downloads)
Doc Gardner
Posted 2008-10-31 5:01 AM (#20990 - in reply to #20977)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Marines contaminated at Camp LeJeune.

I registered on their site and found it interesting that they didn't ask for the dates I was there. I only spent about six weeks at LeJeune (Sept to Nov 1966) while training for Viet Nam.
dex armstrong
Posted 2008-10-31 7:15 AM (#20995 - in reply to #20977)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Patti, Marines contaminate everywhere they go

Marines...all Marines are known carriers of all sorts of nefarious parasites, fungal infections, various sexually transmitted deseases, mumps, chicken pox, bugs, boils, carbuncles, pubic snapping turtles, armpit barn owls, weird scalp barnacles, jock itch and athletes foot. Have you actually seen Doc Gardner...you ever notice the Orkin man that follows him around...or how when he leaves people's homes, their pets die...or turn a weird shade of green and grow horns? Marines can do that....Doc doesn't own a bagpipe...that contraption is an iguana egg incubator....He's always turning those damn things loose in weird places...like the restrooms on Greyhound buses and the ladies changing rooms at T.J.MAX. Patti, contaminate places and things is what Marines do for a living. The only Marines I had real contact with were the ones who guarded the gate at DesSub Piers Norfolk....They had a very limited vocabulary consisting "Get out your I.D. and Liberty Card." and "You know that worthless sonuvabitch Doc Gardner?" That was all they could say and if you stood to near them you could catch a really bad case of crabs. Hope this clarified the situation for you. Ohy yes, then there was the old naval saying dating back to the days of Barnacle Bill and Doc Beeghly..."I'd rather have a sister that was a whore...than a brother in the Corps." I never said that, but I learned about it from a nun that lived in Niantic....DEX
Corabelle
Posted 2008-10-31 10:46 AM (#21011 - in reply to #20995)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Really, Dex?

I didn't know that.

Cora
Doc Gardner
Posted 2008-10-31 11:08 AM (#21012 - in reply to #20995)

Master and Commander

Subject: Finally a true story about me

dex armstrong - 2008-10-31 8:15 AM

Marines...all Marines are known carriers of all sorts of nefarious parasites, fungal infections, various sexually transmitted deseases, mumps, chicken pox, bugs, boils, carbuncles, pubic snapping turtles, armpit barn owls, weird scalp barnacles, jock itch and athletes foot. Have you actually seen Doc Gardner...you ever notice the Orkin man that follows him around...or how when he leaves people's homes, their pets die...or turn a weird shade of green and grow horns? Marines can do that....Doc doesn't own a bagpipe...that contraption is an iguana egg incubator....He's always turning those damn things loose in weird places...like the restrooms on Greyhound buses and the ladies changing rooms at T.J.MAX. Patti, contaminate places and things is what Marines do for a living. The only Marines I had real contact with were the ones who guarded the gate at DesSub Piers Norfolk....They had a very limited vocabulary consisting "Get out your I.D. and Liberty Card." and "You know that worthless sonuvabitch Doc Gardner?" That was all they could say and if you stood to near them you could catch a really bad case of crabs. Hope this clarified the situation for you. Ohy yes, then there was the old naval saying dating back to the days of Barnacle Bill and Doc Beeghly..."I'd rather have a sister that was a whore...than a brother in the Corps." I never said that, but I learned about it from a nun that lived in Niantic....DEX

Damn Dex; now I have no secrets;
At least you didn't tell them about the ritual of the "entrails" and the magical "Piping of the Haggis"

Jim M.
Posted 2008-10-31 11:25 AM (#21013 - in reply to #21012)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: RE: Finally a true story about me

A true story about Doc G??? Nahhh... just like there isn't a true story about the Beagle Doc...
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2008-10-31 1:37 PM (#21018 - in reply to #21012)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Finally a true story about me

I "THINK" I KNOW ABOUT THE PIPING OF HAGGIS???

Edited by miss lumpy bumps 2008-10-31 1:57 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software