Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: Alexander the Great (356 to 323 B.C.) ruler of Macedonia and conqueror of the known world in his time, is the first person known to have descended into the sea in a vessel of any kind.
Doris goes in for her surgery at 6AM...21 November
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

dex armstrong
Posted 2008-11-09 7:55 AM (#21308)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Doris goes in for her surgery at 6AM...21 November

For all the kind and wonderful people who have shown the deeply appreciated kindness to Doris and have mailed the cards of encouragement, here's an update. First...NO IMPLANT...plastic surgeon ruled that out, radiation has hardened her skin and made the insertion of an implant impossible...reconstruction will be accomplished by using stomach skin and butt hide.....which will make patting her fanny much more fun. Seriously, we're dealing with a lot of apprehension and fear of the unknown....last time that she was in a hospital was 60 years ago when she was 14 and had her toncils out. Thanks to them scheduling her first, I've gotta get up at 4AM....It's bloody dark then. Only burglars and bad wimmin up then....maybe I could talk a burglar or hooker into taking her over to Alexandria Hospital? NAW...I't's gotta be me. DEX
Corabelle
Posted 2008-11-09 10:58 AM (#21311 - in reply to #21308)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Yeah Dex, it's gotta be you.

Be thankful that she is the first surgery of the day for her surgeon. I've always known that the first patient gets the best surgery; the doctor is less tired then.

Have you ever seen the movie, "The Doctor?" It's about a cracker-jack surgeon who develops cancer. The first surgeon that he sees schedules him for the p.m. He refuses, because he doesn't want an exhausted surgeon, who has been on (her) feet all day doing previous (to him) surgeries. By the way, as a patient, he becomes a better doctor. He finds out how it feels to be only "the throat cancer in room 211" - or "the person on the other side of the sheet." I think the actor who plays the (at first) cold-hearted, methodical, mechanical doctor was William Hurt. I also thought his last name was significant.

Is the reconstructive surgeon gong to do the reconstruction as part of her intial surgery?

Cora

Edited by Corabelle 2008-11-09 3:49 PM
dex armstrong
Posted 2008-11-10 4:10 AM (#21321 - in reply to #21308)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Doris goes in for her surgery at 6AM...21 November

Corabelle, Up here surgery is done by illegal immagrant dayworkers that hang around Seven-Elevens waiting for work. Around 5AM a car from an INOVA hospital drives up, a fellow inside the car rolls down the window and yells..."Any of you sonuvabitches do breast surgery". "Me...Juan Eduardo Pancho Alvarez...Si...I haff a Buck folding hunter knife...but I sink I eez still leetle drunk." So if you go early you may get some out of work, drunk maliachi band guitar player....with a sharp jackknife." DEX
chiefjoe
Posted 2008-11-10 7:56 AM (#21335 - in reply to #21308)
Senior Crew

Dex:

Thanks for bringing her 'round Saturday. She is indeed a beautiful person. Wish my wives had been there to meet her. When she is back in form you need to bring her again so they can get acquainted. Take care of yourself, she will be needing your support for a while. Don't hesitate to call for help.

Here's hoping everything will go right and may she be back in fightin trim.

Joe P
Ralph Luther
Posted 2008-11-10 7:56 AM (#21336 - in reply to #21308)
COMSUBBBS

Just so long as the surgeon isn't from East Tenn. Dex, be sure and let Doris know that prayers will be there for her on that day especially. With your assistance she should recover in fine order. Do us all a favor and keep a close eye on Olgoat Stone too.
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2008-11-10 8:58 AM (#21342 - in reply to #21308)

COMSUBBBS

Dex, you tell that feisty old girl to keep her spirits up...she's got one hell of a support system out here...and right there.  All our good wishes and prayers are with her...and you!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!
dex armstrong
Posted 2008-11-10 9:18 AM (#21345 - in reply to #21308)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Patti. Thanks

Patti, The support of the wonderful people here has made quite a difference. First, Doris has had a hard time understanding how people she doesn't know and has never met have been so kind and supportive. She has no known family left and relies on people in her church for social interaction and has two cats (monster cats that give a whole new meaning to out-of-control pet obesity). In my opinion, she lives a very cloistered existence devoid of the warmth and love provided by family. She is not one that has attention lavished on her.....She just negotiates life fairly unnoticed and the goodness of her heart and her silent acceptance of adversity, pain and fear of the unknown unseen and unrecognized. During this rough time for her, I have gained access to a window into the inner loveliness of what is obviously a lonely lady. I would like to extend my heartfelt thanks to those of you who have taken the time to send her your blessings and well wishes. You have added a very meaningful aspect to this terrible time in Doris's life. Those of you who sent cards, will be happy to know that they ALL sit on her chest of drawers in her bedroom, where she can see them when the early morning light streams through her bedroom window. I will keep everyone updated. And Thanks again from a deeply appreciative lady. DEX
Launcher Lary
Posted 2008-11-10 9:33 AM (#21347 - in reply to #21308)

Senior Crew

Sorry for being so late on this shipmate, you tell the ol' girl that there is gotta be a log jam up in heaven of prayers and well wishes for her from this motely crew, including me. I'll toss a few words his way for her, hopefully I've been good enuff that he'll listen to me, if so then I'll add my two cents in on her behalf. There's plenty of love and caring here, even after you sort through all the bull, pissin' 'n moanin' and general crap of the day. Email me the dear lady's address, that you would like to her get a card at and me and the boss will get one underway.

Billy Bob
dex armstrong
Posted 2008-11-10 1:38 PM (#21358 - in reply to #21308)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Hey you old Rapscallion, Thanks

Billy Bob...Her address is Miss Doris Ellen Faber, 3058 South Abingdon Street, Apt C-1, Arlington, Virginia 22206-1630.....Thanks DEX
Land Lubber
Posted 2008-11-10 1:58 PM (#21359 - in reply to #21308)
Old Salt

Dex, Don't ya worry. Doris will be just fine. I'm praying for her each day and I will be praying a little extra that day. The tough part, as you know is waiting for the surgery to be over. I wish I had some trick to escape the anxiety and stress envolved but I just don't know of any.
Take Care
Steve
Corabelle
Posted 2008-11-10 6:43 PM (#21368 - in reply to #21335)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: How many wives do you have, Joe?

It sounds as though you're all still real friendly.

Cora

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software