Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: Habitability is heavily stressed in the construction of modern submarines. Specially designed color schemes, mechanical conveniences, air conditioning, and the best chow in the Navy are supplied to make the vessels more livable. A full time staff is maintained by Electric Boat Division to work out 'human engineering' problems.
Only twenty-five more posts?
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Corabelle
Posted 2008-11-09 9:57 PM (#21316)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Only twenty-five more posts?

Until...

Cora
steamboat
Posted 2008-11-10 4:15 AM (#21322 - in reply to #21316)
Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Only twenty-five more posts?

Cora, are you "dug out" yet? If not, you got nothing else to do, so why not pull Dex's chain again, That should be good for about 50 posts at least (just kidding, really). Or we could start babbling on about Wounded Knee II again (NOT)!
Anyhow, early congrads on your milestone, that gives you and Ralph even more to talk about.
Steamboat sends
Ralph Luther
Posted 2008-11-10 7:48 AM (#21334 - in reply to #21316)
COMSUBBBS

Ahhhh, John, Shipmate/friend, you know me to well.

Edited by Ralph Luther 2008-11-10 7:50 AM
Corabelle
Posted 2008-11-10 7:40 PM (#21372 - in reply to #21316)

COMSUBBBS

Now, closing in on twenty-one.

Cora
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2008-11-10 8:17 PM (#21373 - in reply to #21372)

COMSUBBBS

As Steamboat said, we could do a little ((((PINGING)))) on "various" denizens here...no one in particular (OH RALPH...giggle), that should DEFINITELY be good for a few...you can even "unload" on me, if it will bring
your numbers up...gee, I didn't get any fanfare when I hit that "magic number", but then again, I'm such a "dear, sweet
person" who doesn't toot my own horn...YES, everyone has my permission to now commence with "said PINGING"...if it helps Cora reach that number...

So, what shall we talk about...how's the "sorting" coming...that's "my ambition" to get "stuff" sorted...maybe we should have a blizzard...then again, maybe not...don't need to have 4 ft snow drifts blocking my front door...
Corabelle
Posted 2008-11-10 8:36 PM (#21376 - in reply to #21373)

COMSUBBBS

Patti -

Sorting? There's just one little (?) problem. When I start sorting, I make a bigger mess than I had to begin with.

When I was talking to you the other day, I could see the top of my dining room table.

No more.

It is my life's ambition to have everything organized so that I can put my hands on whatever I'm looking for. Or - so that after I'm gone, my kids can make sense of what I have collected over the years.

Presently, I'm trying to figure out next year's "changes" in my Medicare Part D coverage. One of the lessons I've learned over the years is that when insurance companys decide that the policy holder is benefiting from the coverage, they determine that that is not what they intended. They love to sell insurance, they hate to pay out. Hope I'm not stepping on anyone's insuranace-agent toes here. Actually, I really don't care if I am. That's little old trouble-maker me.

Cora

Edited by Corabelle 2008-11-10 8:45 PM
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2008-11-10 9:15 PM (#21383 - in reply to #21376)

COMSUBBBS

Gee, what does the top of a dining room table look like...I haven't seen mine in ????  PILES OF STUFF...we sound like two of a kind...and that is exactly what I am trying to do...be able to set my hands on something and know it's where it belongs...I know from whence you speak...my poor Mother had to "search" every nook and cranny in my Grandmother's house to find all her paperwork...and her house was "immaculate"...just not her paperwork...but between the two of us, we
found everything, but not without having torn through every piece of furniture with a drawer in it.

That is also something I am in the middle of...with my Mother.  She is retired from GM, and as of Jan., her health benefits with them will no longer exist...which has me fuming, but I will not get into it here.  It's a daunting task when an older person, who has worked so hard for so many years, is unceremoniously dumped...and has to pick up the slack on their own.

Edited by miss lumpy bumps 2008-11-10 9:18 PM
Ralph Luther
Posted 2008-11-11 8:32 AM (#21398 - in reply to #21316)
COMSUBBBS

GREAT SCOTT, ladies, Thanksgiving is just around the corner. You'd best get busy and clear off those dining room tables. We got vittles to cook and get spread out. Pies and cakes to last us for a few weeks to near Christmas. I know it gets cold enough at your places to keep all that stuff to where it won't spoil.

Patti, you're such a rubber lip that the 1,000 post point flashed by so quick we couldn't get a word in about it. Oh oh I think I'd best slip out the back door------ see ya!!!!!!!!!!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software