Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: A typical modern submarine may require as many as 2,000 working drawings for the more than 7,000,000 items used in its construction. Blueprints from these drawings if placed end to end would make a strip 250 miles long.
one of Ski's projects
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Bear
Posted 2008-11-13 8:49 PM (#21475)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: one of Ski's projects

Here is one of the pictures Ski sent me of what he set up for Vets gathering in Branson

(vets.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments vets.jpg (85KB - 627 downloads)
Donald L. Johnson
Posted 2008-11-13 9:03 PM (#21478 - in reply to #21475)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: RE: one of Ski's projects

Hey, I recognize those guys!

What's-iz-name the Cable Guy, Col. Ollie North, and Tony Orlando the singer.

That must have been a fun weekend.
Skii
Posted 2008-11-13 11:02 PM (#21482 - in reply to #21475)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: RE: one of Ski's projects

I learned during our reunion planners conference that Lt Col Ollie North was going to be the honored Veteran of the year at the Marine Corps Ball November 10th during the annual Veterans Day Week in Branson -- I told Bear about it and he did caps for Ollie, Tony Orlando, Ollie's wife Betsy (had we know the cable guy was there we would have done a cap for him but did not know he would be there) (Betsy Stuart North's was done in Pink for breast cancer awareness)... note Tony's in Navy blue not in Marine Corps Red.

I also gave him a copy of Lt William Wright (WWII STERLET OFFICER NOW IN NURSING HOME IN CA WITH HIS LOVELY WIFE) book "The Last Good War" to read -- and several pictures of the Sterlet from WWII to its decommissioning.

They all appreciated the Submarine Service honoring hm on this special day for the North Family.

Thanks Bear and all those from Aero Mfg. that contributed to getting us the caps for this sepcial tribute.. I know from the feedback that he and Tony Orlando was so appreciative to use honoring him with this tribute.

THANKS TO THE SUBMARINE VETERANS OF THE USSVI AS YOU ALL HAVE YOUR NAMES ON THAT CAP AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED...

DICK JARENSKI
Sterlet Association
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software