Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "The Navy is not a job, it's not a career. It's a way of life.” -- MMCM (SS) "Grump" Barrie
Ella Blado
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2008-11-14 5:28 AM (#21484)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Ella Blado

Received a note from Carol Boyle last night saying Ella came through surgery and is doing well.  She was still in ICU at the time, but could possibly have been moved to a room last night or will be in one today.  With any luck, she may be able to go home on Mon.  Dennis mentioned that he appreciates all the prayers and good wishes for Ella.  He is quite beat, as he has been traveling 150 miles each way, every day, and mostly in heavy traffic.

Thank you, one and all, not only from Dennis and Ella, but from SubVettes, for all your good thoughts and prayers for her.

Ralph Luther
Posted 2008-11-14 5:41 AM (#21486 - in reply to #21484)
COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Ella Blado

Great news, Thanks, Patti.
dex armstrong
Posted 2008-11-14 6:22 AM (#21489 - in reply to #21484)

COMSUBBBS

Patti, What exactly is a "Subvettes"? Are they part of a Base? How are they distiguihed from a female Associate Member? Who ranks who? Meaning what is their status within the framework of the organization and what kind of say do they have in the affairs of the Base? I'm confused and every USSVI member I talk to feels the same level of confusion....Do they pay dues? Do they have a vote? Can they serve as officers of the Base? As far as I know (and I could be wrong) NOVA Base doesn't have any of these Subvettes....If we do, Who are they? Thanks DEX
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2008-11-14 6:53 AM (#21491 - in reply to #21489)

COMSUBBBS

Dex,

We are the "Ladies Aux. of the USSVI". Ella is our Charter President...and one of "my mentors". Without her's and Carol Boyle's significant help, Hudson Valley would not have a functioning Ladies Aux. They were instrumental in our Base getting off the ground. We were started to help support the men...in any way, shape or form and I think, we have and will continue to do so. With the help and support of our SubVets Base,I think our group has done some good things and as a "whole", I think we have done the USSVI proud.

Yes, we pay dues...and we have our Life Members, of which, I am one. I was the Charter President for the Hudson Valley SubVettes and am so proud of our group of ladies. We have our own Constitution and By-Laws, but we "follow" all the rules and regulations set down by the USSVI. I am now the National Chaplain for SubVettes.

If there are any of the wives or partners of your Base membership who may be interested in starting a Base, contact Rita Kreul, our National President. We have our own website, thanks to Ron Martini, and it can be accessed at www.subvettes.com. All info regarding the organization is listed there...as well as all the names of our Bases, and it's Officers and where each Base is located.

Thank you for asking about our group. I am happy to say, I am a very proud member of the SubVettes of the USSVI.

Edited by miss lumpy bumps 2008-11-14 6:54 AM
Land Lubber
Posted 2008-11-14 2:08 PM (#21518 - in reply to #21484)
Old Salt

I'm glad to hear she's doing well. She's in my prayers untill she's 100% again. Thanks Patti.
Steve
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2008-11-14 5:25 PM (#21529 - in reply to #21518)

COMSUBBBS

Thank you, Steve.  I know that she is so grateful for everyone's prayers and good wishes...and I will pass along everyone's good thoughts to her.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software