Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "Without courage, you might as well not be in it. You’ve got to have courage--moral courage, physical courage--and honor. Honor means telling the truth even when it might not be to your advantage" Retired Capt. Charles W. Rush Jr. (85), Navy Cross recipient, when asked to give advice to Chiefs and Junior Officers in today's submarine service.
Veteran's Day "thank you"...belatedly...
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2008-11-14 5:23 PM (#21528)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Veteran's Day "thank you"...belatedly...

I have a cousin who is one of 10 children, 6 of whom are brothers...and who, all but 1, served our Country proudly in one of the branches of our military.  She did what any good sister would do on Veteran's Day...she called all her brothers to say "Thank you".  I had a call from her last evening, and she wanted me to say to all of you "THANK YOU", too.  Her Dad, my uncle, served proudly in WWII in Europe in the Army, and is now deceased...but I know that he and my Dad who served in the Army-Air Corps, are "sparing" up there...always did, when we were kids...just to see who would have the upper hand at the end of the match...but there are no losers...because each Branch did it's job...and "WE" are all the winners for their dedication...AND YOURS! 

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software