Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: NAUTILUS has long been touted as the first Nuclear powered submarine. In fact, she was the first nuclear powered "anything". Nothing that moves was ever propelled by nuclear power before NAUTILUS.
The Now "Lopsided Duchess" is BACK
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

dex armstrong
Posted 2008-11-21 1:21 PM (#21705)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: The Now "Lopsided Duchess" is BACK

I picked her up at 2:30PM...Hopefully now cancerless. She's in increasing pain as the anathesia leaves her system...she has drains and I have to watch her breathing until 10:00PM and make sure she doesn't drift off to sleep and stop breathing. She wants me to thank everyone who supported her....I'm going to toss some Campbell's Chicken-Noodle soup into her and get her into her heavy flannel pajamas and parked in Solvieg's recliner in front of the TV....Then tuck her in around 10:00PM per her post-operative instructions. She has ten months oif radiation in front of her, but we hope all the bad stuff is now out in the medical waste dumpster behind Alexandria Hospital. THANKS TO ALL...DEX
Land Lubber
Posted 2008-11-21 2:04 PM (#21707 - in reply to #21705)
Old Salt

Subject: RE: The Now "Lopsided Duchess" is BACK

Dex, that is great news!! You are doing a great job!!
I'm glad to hear that Doris went through surgery alright.
Hearing you talk about watching her breathing reminds me of a time I areed to babyset two of my friend's kids. I had planned on watching a ballgame on t.v. while the two ladies kicked up their heels at some "club". The kids had ran around the room and cried when the mothers had left. They finally fell asleep with their faces buried in the cushions of the couch. I was afraid they would smother themselves but did not want to wake them...so.... I spent the better part of the night watching to see if they were still breathing. Thank goodness they made it through the night in blissfull sleep. I however was a wreak.
Take Care
Steve
Pig
Posted 2008-11-22 10:59 AM (#21733 - in reply to #21705)
Plankowner

Answered prayer is a warm and wonderful thing to experience. Even though we know she is getting excellent care from the After Battery Rat, she is stil "on the prayer list"; in fact maybe that in of itself is reason enough to keep on praying...
BlackBeard
Posted 2008-11-22 11:54 AM (#21743 - in reply to #21705)

Great Sage of the Sea

Good news and she's in our prayers.

BB
Box kicker
Posted 2008-11-24 5:55 AM (#21816 - in reply to #21705)

Old Salt

Dex,

THanks for passing along the good news! Continued prayers for her.

I also want to acknowledge what a gift you are, also, in taking such good care of her while keeping us informed.

Stan
dex armstrong
Posted 2008-11-24 12:20 PM (#21824 - in reply to #21705)

COMSUBBBS

We are n ow awaiting the results of biopsies taken of the surrounding tissue during surgery. Hopefully they whittled it all out. Doris is now back home reunited with her two obese cats (or small furry hippos) Nicolous and Jiffy....Jiffy called jiffy because he was found up under the hood of a car undergoing an oil change at Jiffy Lube...Doris was a volunteer at an animal shelter at the time and didn't want him put to sleep. Either of those damn cats would win a blue ribbon at a county fair if they were hogs. Doris is doing great, and get this....she didn't take ANY pain medicine. Thanks again for all your kindness, concern and support. DEX
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software