Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: USS TRITON, the only American made twin reactor submarine ever built, on May 10, 1960, completed the first totally submerged non-trivial circumnavigation of the world when she followed the route of Ferdinand Magellan for 36,000 miles during 84 days beneath the surface.
Want a source of Sons of the San Joaquin Recordings?
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

dex armstrong
Posted 2008-12-05 4:54 PM (#22217)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Want a source of Sons of the San Joaquin Recordings?

Cowboy put me onto these folks....Contact them for their wonderful catalog WESTERN JUBILEE RECORDING COMPANY,LLC POST OFFICE BOX 9187, COLORADO SPRINGS, COLORADO 80932.....Toll free phone: 1-(800) 707-2353 or visit them on the web at; www.westernjubilee.com. If you will permit me to make a suggestion to those of you who have never been exposed to the Sons of the San Joaquin...Purchase SING ONE FOR THE COWBOY....It is a wonderful CD. One benefit of making purchases from this outfit rather that directly from the Sons of the SJ directly from their website...You buy 3 from Jubilee and they toss in a 4th for free, Cowboy put me on to this. Buy SING ONE FOR THE COWBOY and they'll hook you with a number five dry fly....you won't regret it. How did I do, Cowboy? Your old indebted shipmate DEX
Donald L. Johnson
Posted 2008-12-05 10:07 PM (#22226 - in reply to #22217)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: RE: Want a source of Sons of the San Joaquin Recordings?

The current Western Jubilee catalog has a new SONS CD/DVD, Live Western Jubilee Warehouse.

The DVD includes interviews, home movies, and some film of The Sons with Roy Rogers & Dale Evans.

Western Jubilee is a great source for most of The Sons' CDs, but if you want any of their early stuff, either the self-published albums, or the Warner Bros. discs, go to The Sons website.
dex armstrong
Posted 2008-12-06 4:55 AM (#22228 - in reply to #22217)

COMSUBBBS

Don, I agree....The only album I really wonder why Western Jubilee doesn't carry is THE GREAT AMERICAN COWBOY...and here's why I buy from WESTERN JUBILEE...First and foremost, Cowboy put me on to it...Second on the Sons website CD's cost $16 each, Jubilee charges $15 each and throws in a freebie 4th CD....and the Jubilee catalog carries related Cowboy music, recorded poetry....story telling and Western Christmas music. I don't get a kickback or have a dog in the fight...I am just relaying straight guage skinny from the Cowboy man, in his absence. If you do buy your stuff from the Sons...be sure to get THE GREAT AMERICAN COWBOY album...catnip for the soul. I'm plaqying it right now....DEX
Donald L. Johnson
Posted 2008-12-06 8:29 PM (#22280 - in reply to #22217)

Great Sage of the Sea

On The Sons website you can also get a copy of Jack's and Lon's solo albums, and Jack's children's stuff.

I have Lon's disc, 'Cause I Always Wanted To, playing now.

A little different from The Sons style, but easy to listen to.
His version of "I Ride An Old Paint" reminds me of Ray Charles.

Another track I listen to a lot is "The Vaquero Song", about the ghost of an old mexican cowboy.
"Hora Mi, Estoy Aqui, I Am Still Here.
Hora Mi, Estoy Aqui, My Soul Is Dancing In the Moonlight".
Reminds me of our Departed Shipmates - gone, but not really, a part of them remains with us, if we only listen for them.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software