Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "Submariners are a bunch of intelligent misfits that somehow seem to get along, understand each other and work well together.” -- Red Hanley who overheard a skimmer officer say this while talking to a non-navy type
December 7th
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Ralph Luther
Posted 2008-12-06 8:51 AM (#22234)
COMSUBBBS

Subject: December 7th

Let us remember the military and civilians that perished at Pearl Harbor on that day.
Boy Throttleman
Posted 2008-12-06 10:33 AM (#22244 - in reply to #22234)

Old Salt

Subject: RE: December 7th

I always do.
Tom McNulty
Posted 2008-12-06 10:55 AM (#22248 - in reply to #22234)

Master and Commander

I would always remember Dec 7th for two reasons. First is the attack on Pearl Harbor and the heros lost that day. The second is it's my 44th anniversary of being qualified in submarines. My dolphins were awarded on 12/7/64 aboard the 599B by Lt. Davy Jones.
Runner485
Posted 2008-12-07 5:49 AM (#22291 - in reply to #22248)

COMSUBBBS

Damn Tom...Davy Jones?? I can hear you telling your grandson that story how Davy Jones himself rose from the depths......

Tom McNulty
Posted 2008-12-07 7:53 AM (#22295 - in reply to #22291)

Master and Commander

The story is in Sid Harrison's NTINS.
nancy
Posted 2008-12-07 12:33 PM (#22309 - in reply to #22295)

Old Salt

This is an official email communication from the United States Submarine Veterans(May have to cut, paste links into browser.)
-------------
All Hands…

Today marks the 67th anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor. This is one of the most important chapters of American history.

The attack killed 2,350 people. Many others were injured. The attack also drew the United States into World War II.

It's important that we remember the attack on Pearl Harbor. We should also honor those who lost their lives there.

So, visit the online Pearl Harbor Survivors Project. Many survivors have recorded their memories for future generations. You'll get a real sense of the fear and confusion surrounding the attack.

Just click Explore Stories to jump into the recorded stories. Or, take a more methodical approach by clicking Survivor Database.

The Survivor Database shows you a map of the harbor. Click on a region to see a list of the boats anchored there.

You can then link to stories from those serving on a particular ship. You can also read reports of the actions taken by the ship's crew.

Click on the link below...
http://www.pearlharborstories.org/

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software