Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "I saw the submariners, the way they stood aloof and silent, watching their pigboat with loving eyes. They are alone in the Navy. I admired the PT boys. And I often wondered how the aviators had the courage to go out day after day and I forgave their boasting. But the submariners! In the entire fleet they stand apart!” -- James Michener
new job
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

sister5lp
Posted 2008-12-06 12:51 PM (#22256)

Mess cooking

Subject: new job

Just wanted to share with you all that I FINALLY got a job. I started Nov 24 at the South Daktoa School for the Deaf,In Sioux Falls, as the "Educational Secretary" The title is much more impressive then the job is, and it's a LONG drive each day(50 miles each way), but it gets me out of the house, and means that by Christmas I'll have medical insurance (which I haven't had since mid August). Plus it is fun to see th kids coming in each day. Such a variety of personalities.
Ralph Luther
Posted 2008-12-06 12:57 PM (#22258 - in reply to #22256)
COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: new job

Way to go, Laura!!! Good on ya, girl. Puts a little better light on Christmas after such a bummer of a year.
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2008-12-06 4:50 PM (#22274 - in reply to #22256)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: new job

Good for you, Laura.  Looking at those bright faces, despite their handicap, must do your heart good.  Good luck to you.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software