Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: The USS Schley / AA-1 / T-1 (SF-1) (SS-52) originally named for Winfield Scott Schley, Rear Admiral, United States Navy, renamed AA-1 on 23 August 1917 before being Launched on 25 July 1918; Commissioned, USS AA-1, 30 January 1920; Designated (SF-1), 20 July 1920; Renamed USS T-1 (SF-1), 20 September 1920
Just a little cardiac incident.
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Corabelle
Posted 2008-12-13 2:05 PM (#22513)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Just a little cardiac incident.

I've spent the better part of this week in the hospital. Rode in by ambulance and had two stents placed in my heart. That was a tad scary.

Home again this afternoon. All seems fine, with the exception of the horrible weather we're expecting. Temps are dropping and we're covered with fog. 'Sposed to get into the single digits by tomorrow. I don't like it too much when clouds come down and sit on the ground. Seems like a situation for Jack the Ripper.

Oh well, I don't have to go out for anything anyway, except to pick up some meds. One of my kids will do that.

Cora
Ralph Luther
Posted 2008-12-13 2:53 PM (#22515 - in reply to #22513)
COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Just a little cardiac incident.

Glad you're back home and on the mend. They say too much of a good thing isn't good for you.
iPOD
Posted 2008-12-14 6:19 AM (#22534 - in reply to #22513)

Master and Commander

Hey Cora with dem new fangled stent thingies you should be good to go for another 20 or so years before needing another check up!!

Great to hear you are well again and just to cheer you up temperature here peaked at a tad under 100 F today had to slop on plenty of Sunscreen before my golf round today.
dex armstrong
Posted 2008-12-14 9:21 AM (#22541 - in reply to #22513)

COMSUBBBS

All the best from me and Fuzzy....(Fuzzy is my new housemate...He's a stuffed bear I won at customer appreciation night at Borders Books...His actual name is Chaucer...but who in the hell wants to have breakfast with some guy named Chaucer? Fuzzy's great...he listens to the verbal product of flawed brain process and doesn't give you a hard time.) Anyway, Corabelle...take care, whenever they start doing parts modifications on your pump plumbing that's serious stuff. If that rascal goes off-line you've a damn good chance of total system shutdown...and that would result in the cancellation of my doghouse lease....and as you said, it's way to damn cold to find yourself outside in a tropical print shirt and cut-off Levi's. On a serious note...do take care, follow doctors instructions and SLOW DOWN....DEX
Don Gentry
Posted 2008-12-14 10:36 AM (#22542 - in reply to #22513)

Admin

Take those cholesterol meds religiously!  Take care of yourself Cora... Don
JrKrup, Skimmer
Posted 2008-12-14 10:53 AM (#22543 - in reply to #22542)

Master and Commander

Right about now some smart alec would ask if you get better television reception what with the stents? A smart alec would, but I'm not a smart alec.

Take care of yourself.
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2008-12-14 8:33 PM (#22558 - in reply to #22513)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Just a little cardiac incident....how are you feeling???

Cora, how are you feeling...hope much better.  I second Don's motion...take your meds RELIGIOUSLY...and please take care of yourself.  Let "others" wait on you for a little while.
Smiley
Posted 2008-12-16 5:36 AM (#22576 - in reply to #22558)
Great Sage of the Sea

Cora, I'm so happy you are back in the saddle. Like others have posted you be sure to do as the good doctors tell you and take those meds as directed.
Take it easy for a while and enjoy life and it's little wonders (like the people here).
Corabelle
Posted 2008-12-16 8:15 PM (#22612 - in reply to #22576)

COMSUBBBS

I have been taking simvastat, an anticholesterol drug for a year, ever since I had an angiogram a year ago (almost exactly). I didn't know I had high cholestoral, but apparently I do.

My 'new' meds are a long-acting capsule form of nitroglycerin that I now take twice daily, plavix (very expensive - thirty cost $145.00, so they're more than $4.00 each), and niacin. I'm not certain how niacin figures in this equasion.

Tomorrow, I begin cardiac rehab. I have to tell them what my goal for this program is. It's very simple, I've been telling everyone that I want my twenty-year-old body back, and promise that this time I'll appreciate it.

Thanks, everyone for your concern.

Cora
Ralph Luther
Posted 2008-12-17 1:37 AM (#22618 - in reply to #22612)
COMSUBBBS

Cora, my Dr told me that Niacin helps raise the good choletsoral. He said fish oil-- yuk-- is a good source for it and can be bought over the counter. He also suggested to freeze the capsules and swallow them while they are frozen so you don't get the fish breath-- yuk,yuk. Needless to say, I haven't taken any yet. I would be banished to sleep in the garage if I did.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software