Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: George Washington Endorsed the use of the first American submarine, David Bushnell's TURTLE, during the Revolution. Following the vessel's attack on a British man-of-war, he discussed the potential use of submarines in a letter to Thomas Jefferson.
Scamp Rescue 1987
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Serious Submarine ResearchMessage format

torp74
Posted 2008-12-22 7:12 AM (#22751)
Subject: Scamp Rescue 1987

Is anybody familar with the Scamp Rescue in 1987? One of my best shipmates and buddies TMCS(SS) Paul Conway was one of the major players in the story. Basiclly the Scamp tried to save some Philipino mariners on a sinking merchant during an incredible storm with 60 ft high waves, and 80 mph winds. Only one of the mariners survived. I could only find one article on the rescue, but am looking for more.

http://www.uss-scamp.com/1987%20Rescue%20Story.htm

If anyone knows where there is more information, I would appreciate if you could point me in the right direction.

torp74
torpedotube
Posted 2009-01-01 7:32 AM (#23072 - in reply to #22751)
New on board

Subject: RE: Scamp Rescue 1987

No but it did remind me of the Barb/Gurnard rescue of the B-52 crew.
http://barbreunion2007.us/10.html
Jailnurse1562
Posted 2009-04-27 12:37 AM (#26095 - in reply to #22751)
Subject: RE: Scamp Rescue 1987

I only know of this article from the Yankee Magazine and then the National Enquirer did an article around the same time. I am Paul's sister. Paul only gave one interview and that was to YM. Our mother was the one that talked to the NE and Paul had final say on the ariticle. Unless the others involved in the rescue did their own stories I have not seen any other articles.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software