Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: Beeman Center at Sub Base Pearl Harbor was named for Arthur C Beeman, PhMC aboard the USS AMBERJACK (SS-219) on 4-Feb-43 - He was killed while the sub was engaged in a in gun action with a Japanese ammo ship..
Cube Steak
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Sewer Pipe Snipe
Posted 2009-01-31 2:20 AM (#23942)
Master and Commander

Subject: Cube Steak

I can remember eating all sorts of steak throughout my service years. I never remember eating cube steak. Now I have eaten a lot of it since. (For the uninciated, it is a cheap cut run through a cubing machine. This produces a tender steak by actually puncturing it.) Mostly I have had it with regards to venison. It makes a delicious Country Fried Steak. Now I made some at work, and two former service members said they remember it from their service. One Navy, and suprisingly one Air Force. Have the services really cut back that much?

Thomas Courtien
Posted 2009-01-31 4:05 AM (#23945 - in reply to #23942)
Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Cube Steak

I've heard of cube steak and have eaten it. I believe it had brown gravy on it.

Seems to me that would have been in the USN; because, it is not something I would order and pay for in an eatery.

Mac McCoy
Posted 2009-01-31 8:36 AM (#23951 - in reply to #23942)
Senior Crew

Subject: RE: Cube Steak

Country Fried Steak, Mashed Potatos and Gravy. Cant remember if we had it in the Navy but I occasionally purchase cube steak at the commissary and we certainly enjoy the meal. Of course Venison is my favorite to make into Country Fried. Cracker Barrell is famous for its Country Fried Steak according to my youngest son. Might be a Southern thing but I remember having it growing up in Wv.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software