Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: The United States submarine USS TRITON was fitted with twin reactors and was considered the longest submarine ever built until the advent of the OHIO class. The TRITON was designed for a surface displacement of 5,900 tons. Large submarines of other countries have been the Japanese I-400 (5,220 tons), and the French SURCOUF (2,880 tons).
6 short years ago (NSR)
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Darrin
Posted 2009-02-01 3:36 PM (#23996)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: 6 short years ago (NSR)

I walked on to an airplane in full combat gear destined for Kuwait International Airport, we listened to the Super Bowl on the airplanes announcing system. May GOD bless those whom are still on the frontlines defending our freedom around the world tonight.. That deployment had me on the tip of the spearhead during the invasion of Iraq and we stopped in Baghdad on 5-6 April 2003 and stayed there until July '03

Darrin
Former TM3(SS)
SGT, USA 3d Infantry Division, 1st Battalion 3rd Aviation Regtiment (ATTACK) OIF1 (2003)
SSG, USA 1997-Current

Land Lubber
Posted 2009-02-02 2:07 PM (#24025 - in reply to #23996)
Old Salt

Subject: RE: 6 short years ago (NSR)

Thanks!!!! You guys did a great job. Hopefully everyone will be coming home in the near future and Iraq will have a free government. Again, Thanks.
Steve
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2009-02-02 7:39 PM (#24040 - in reply to #23996)

COMSUBBBS

Thank you, Darrin.  You service to Our Country will not go unrewarded...it will come back to you 10 fold.

steamboat
Posted 2009-02-03 5:35 AM (#24048 - in reply to #23996)
Master and Commander

Darrin, I reckon you wear the CIB then. BRAVO ZULU!
Steamboat sends
Darrin
Posted 2009-02-03 1:43 PM (#24059 - in reply to #23996)

Great Sage of the Sea

Nope no CIB, that is for the Infantry and I am aviation.. however IF I would like to recieve the CAB (Combat Action Badge) I do qualify for it, the badge came out after I left theater and there is paperwork that has to by me and witness' that were with me during ground combat operations on the way to Baghdad and I have never asked to recieve the badge because it still doesn't mean near as much as the dolphins that set firmly on top of my ribbons and other badges

I rarely wear my badges on my ACU's and when I do people tend to back up and really go "damn you have btdt" in order that I wear them (shown on my avatar) on top: DOLPHINS!, the second badge is the Army Aircrew Member Badge and finally on the bottom is the Air Assualt Badge.

If'n ya would all be so kind and say a prayer for me because my promotion packet was approved this morning to go in front of the promotion board which started this morning (to be promoted to E-7) and now it is just a waiting game and hopefully enough Sergeants Majors(E-9) remember how hard that I worked for them and how hard I am working now in a E-9 slot as a senior E-6 and with a little bit of luck I will be picked up for promotion this year
Blue from West Oz
Posted 2009-02-04 3:08 AM (#24069 - in reply to #24059)

Master and Commander

Good luck with the promotion mate, sounds like you deserve it!

Blue *_*
viejo
Posted 2009-02-04 3:03 PM (#24075 - in reply to #23996)

Senior Crew

Darrin, good luck on the promotion. It will be well deserved.
Viejo
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software