Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "Like the destroyer, the submarine has created its own type of officer and man with language and traditions apart from the rest of the service, and yet at the heart unchangingly of the Serviceā€ -- Rudyard Kipling, The Fringes of the Fleet, 1915
BRANSON PATCH DISPLAYS APPROVED BY VETERAN'S MUSEUM
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Skii
Posted 2009-02-05 8:27 AM (#24092)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: BRANSON PATCH DISPLAYS APPROVED BY VETERAN'S MUSEUM

Well it is official - the owner and board of the Veteran's Museum have accepted our display proposal and will gladly and proudly honor the Submarines and Veteran's of WWII. As in my previous posts it will consist of 5 4 x 6 x 4" displays honorinig those boats commissioned for service in WWII (includes all boats commissioned through 1946.

To date we have 220 of the 365 patches needed for the displays. We will accept donations through May 1 from individual or base donors. This is fantastic considering we just started to ask for them on January 10th.

More details will follow but the official unveiling will be on October 8th at the Veteran's Museum.

I want to thank everyone that have participated to make this possible (especially our web master Don) and for the submarine veteran's and their families and friends this will be an everlasting tribute to all those that have served in the submarine force through the years.

If anyone would like a listing of our current contributors and patches needed just email me at rjarenski@aol.com
and I will forward it to you. Any questions or comments call me at 520 744 0869 home or 520 850 1437 cell.

We are extremely grateful to the Branson Veteran's Museum, Chamber of Commerce and leaders in the Branson Community for providing this forum for recognition of the Submarine Veteran's of WWII.

Just to recap the display will have a section for All of the lost boats including those pre WWII and post WWII, a secton with Disney patches, Unique patches, Museum Boats, and then the balance of patches. It is estimated that about 360 patches will be in the display. We will also have a plaque with the names of our donors and contributors to be at the end of the display to show our apprecation for so many of our shipmates support.

Thanks again to the entire submarine community and families for their help in getting this project to move full steam ahead.

Dick Jarenski
Commander/Secy USS STERLET SS392 Assn
Branson memorial to submariines of WWII patch project coordinator
crystal
Posted 2009-02-05 4:42 PM (#24097 - in reply to #24092)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: BRANSON PATCH DISPLAYS APPROVED BY VETERAN'S MUSEUM

Thanks for all your hard work with this project Dick, it is great to see it coming together...
Flapper
Posted 2009-02-05 10:06 PM (#24101 - in reply to #24097)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: BRANSON PATCH DISPLAYS APPROVED BY VETERAN'S MUSEUM

crystal - 2009-02-05 5:42 PMThanks for all your hard work with this project Dick, it is great to see it coming together...

Yeppers! I concur!
BZ
DICK

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software