Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: A typical modern submarine may require as many as 2,000 working drawings for the more than 7,000,000 items used in its construction. Blueprints from these drawings if placed end to end would make a strip 250 miles long.
OLGOAT REPORT... Services for Warshot - UPDATE
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Olgoat
Posted 2009-02-11 9:09 PM (#24222)

Mess cooking

Subject: OLGOAT REPORT... Services for Warshot - UPDATE

Okay, okay, I know I don't post much anymore (there IS a very good reason - will do the details in person; not online), but had a conversation earlier with John Wynn, who said SOMEBODY needs to get an update on here for the troops. So, here I are, and here's what is planned so far...

First of all, Dex is the 'head honcho' for this event. He will be providing all the details for Warshot's service. He seems to have keyboard problems, but has told me he will be online soon to lay out all the particulars.

As for me, I volunteered to help put together any 'social events' following the service. Here's what I've put together so far...

Immediately following the ceremony, there will be a reception in the Campaign Room of the Fort Myer Officers Club, in Arlington, right by the cemetary. The reception is from noon to three, which will include a cash bar for alcoholic beverages, coffee & tea service, hors d'oeuvres consisting of fruit tray, BBQ meatballs, Cajun chicken fingers, vegie Chinese eggrolls, and a roasted top round of beef station, with carver.

Following this, I'm planning a gathering at the American Legion Post 176 in Springfield for cocktails, starting at 5:00 'til whenever. Dinner arrangements are 'up in the air' for now, but will work on this later.

Wednesday, we can do any of the following:
- Trip to the Torsk in Baltimore...
- Trip downtown to the Vietnam Memorial
- Trip downtown to the WW II Memorial
- Shooting trip to Gilbert's Range - - Firearms & ammo are all included

This is all VERY flexable, and any & all suggestions are encouraged.

Now, as for a place to gather for a 'wrap-up' on Wednesday, have a few drinks and maybe grab a dinner, Kate's Irish Pub in Springfield I think would be 'neutral' enough. Since this would be the day AFTER their St. Pattie's Day blowout, it'll be slow day/night and not at all crowded. This might be a better choice than the Capitol Hill Club I mentioned earlier.

There you have it. I'll provide more details when I get them.

Olgoat

Edited by Olgoat 2009-02-12 11:06 AM
Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-02-11 9:24 PM (#24223 - in reply to #24222)
COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: OLGOAT REPORT... Services for Warshot

Thanks for the update. I might want to refresh your memory that Blue will be attending so you ought to lay in some extra/more than normal rations wherever we gather.
Roy Ator
Posted 2009-02-11 10:03 PM (#24224 - in reply to #24222)

Great Sage of the Sea

Thanks Ray, for going public. I confess, John Wynn called me today about this memorable event. I immediately passed all of the blame on you! LOL ~

Your expertise and efforts are truly appreciated! I'm fully prepared to help offset some of the 'overhead' that you may be committing to. [I'll readily accept this under the penalty clause of understanding.]

This is truly an one of a kind occasion for "our generation" to honor a WWII SubVet known to so many of us. I'm so thankful that I can just be an attendee!

Looking forward to seeing so many old friends and meeting several new ones that I've heard so much about...
Ric
Posted 2009-02-11 11:06 PM (#24225 - in reply to #24222)

Plankowner

Where ever we would be going it would be for the memory of Warshot. If it is a nice club and can accommodate us I say go for it. I Know Ron was a Democrat. I would like to think Ron would understand and have gone had this been for someone else. My 2 cents. Everything doesn't have to be about politics. This is about a respected person.
Roy Ator
Posted 2009-02-11 11:55 PM (#24226 - in reply to #24225)

Great Sage of the Sea

You've got that absolutely correct, Ric. I agree 100%!
Blue from West Oz
Posted 2009-02-12 2:38 AM (#24227 - in reply to #24222)

Master and Commander

You American's love your politics waaaaay to much.

None the less, I am appreciative of everyone that is involved, with their effort that they are putting in to what I believe will be a great day, one worthy of a WWII Vet.

It goes without saying, ( but will say it anyway )....."I am happy to eat anywhere"

Looking forward to seeing y'all again soon.

Blue *_*
iPOD
Posted 2009-02-12 4:04 AM (#24229 - in reply to #24227)

Master and Commander

Blue from West Oz - 2009-02-12 4:38 PM

It goes without saying, ( but will say it anyway )....."I am happy to eat anywhere"

Blue *_*

And anything!!!

Watch your fingers guys!
Ric
Posted 2009-02-12 8:27 AM (#24234 - in reply to #24229)

Plankowner

Fingers, hell. When he stayed at my place I ended up missing a mouse pad. I'm sure Blue ate for a snack in the middle of the night.
steamboat
Posted 2009-02-13 4:12 AM (#24256 - in reply to #24227)
Master and Commander

Blue from West Oz - 2009-02-12 2:38 AM

You American's love your politics waaaaay to much.

Blue *_*

Naw, ya got that wrong Blue guy. We HATE or politics AND our politicians. But wouldn't trade it for any other kind.

Steamboat sends
Curt
Posted 2009-02-14 7:55 AM (#24279 - in reply to #24222)

Old Salt

Subject: RE: OLGOAT REPORT... Services for Warshot - UPDATE

Any Other Updates:

http://www.cdhaggard.com/warshot.htm

http://www.cdhaggard.com/sailing.htm

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0