Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "No one has done more to prevent conflict - no one has made a greater sacrifice for the cause for Peace - than you, America's proud missile submarine family. You stand tall among our heroes of the Cold War.” -- Gen. Colin Powell
MMCMSS Meffley COB
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Runner485
Posted 2009-02-23 9:08 AM (#24542)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: MMCMSS Meffley COB

You guys gotta read this resume. Holy Smokes, he is unlike any Chief I ever knew, or work under.
The new Navy; smarter, more educated, wider range of experiences & jobs & professional.

(Now this is not to demean anyone on this board)

http://www.ussnewmexico.net/COBBio.htm
steamboat
Posted 2009-02-23 9:21 AM (#24543 - in reply to #24542)
Master and Commander

Subject: RE: MMCMSS Meffley COB

Wait a minute.... he enlisted in 1980 attended 3 schools and reported aboard a Boomer 10 months later as Aux LPO?? Youd'a thunk a boat that big would require a more experienced Aux LPO. Maybe they ment to say that by the END of his 9th patrol he made LPO?????
Steamboat sends
Donald L. Johnson
Posted 2009-02-23 8:53 PM (#24565 - in reply to #24542)

Great Sage of the Sea

He reported aboard 622 Blue about the time I transferred to Instructor Duty at the Electrical Schools, NTC San Diego. Might have met him in the off-crew office.

Probably right that by the end of his tour on the Monroe he had risen to Aux LPO. We had a couple of good Chiefs and 1st-classes in A-gang when I left, but I'll be darned if I can remember their names after all these years.

610ET
Posted 2009-02-24 9:18 AM (#24586 - in reply to #24542)

Old Salt

Noticed that he has the MM prop on his crow. I thought COB's and Command MC's wore a star and were no longer considered to be in their rating. This was supposed to open up promotion opportunities?
Runner485
Posted 2009-02-24 10:46 AM (#24593 - in reply to #24586)

COMSUBBBS

610ET - 2009-02-24 9:18 AMNoticed that he has the MM prop on his crow. I thought COB's and Command MC's wore a star and were no longer considered to be in their rating. This was supposed to open up promotion opportunities?

Chris,

Command MC's do wear the star, and are in charge of a School, such as BESS, the lower base in NLON or as CDMC of the Navy...but COB's wear their rating badge...EM,ET,MM.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software