Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: Beeman Center at Sub Base Pearl Harbor was named for Arthur C Beeman, PhMC aboard the USS AMBERJACK (SS-219) on 4-Feb-43 - He was killed while the sub was engaged in a in gun action with a Japanese ammo ship..
Need a Bartender!
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

crystal
Posted 2009-02-23 5:08 PM (#24556)

Master and Commander

Subject: Need a Bartender!

In planning ahead as I am often apt to do, I thought that it might be nice to organize our Friday evening, open house in our suite during the USSVI San Diego Convention in September... Dantini and I are not only participants in the gathering, but vendors, film fest hosts and POC's for all the boats we were on (combined) for a standup, open bar, finger food, best liar gathering Friday evening at The Town and Country Resort Hotel (the host hotel) in our Manchu Suite.  BTW: "My" boats are the Sea Lion, Diodon, Threadfin, Scamp and Ben Franklin - I'll let Dan add his dozen or so to this post (Dan?)...

Anyhow, We're looking for a reasonably capable bar keep who can make a drink to order (no fancy crap just main booze, mixers, wine and beer), collect his/her own tips, drink in moderation "during" (in order to be of some use) and not mind hearing all of the B.S. (too many) sea stories around the room...

Interested applicants, please email me at: webmaster@usssealion.com - Cute gals get preferencial selection but any of you old guys will also be considered (Exception: Ray "Olgoat" Stone NOT allowed!!! to apply)...

Dantini
Posted 2009-02-24 5:27 AM (#24571 - in reply to #24556)

Senior Crew

Subject: RE: Need a Bartender!

Come on John, I was only on five boats not a dozen or so: Baya, Sculpin, Carver, Seahorse, and Drum.  But you are right about us needing a bartender.  As you and Olgoat can testify, I can occasionally get caught up in some lengthy conversations - especially if the recipient of that conversation is a good looking female!  Therefore I wouldn't be able to concentrate on making all the different kinds of drinks that everyone wanted.  I never touch booze myself except on special occasions.  Well maybe on a number of special occasions.  OK, a large number of occasions - but who is counting?

Dan

crystal
Posted 2009-02-24 5:30 AM (#24572 - in reply to #24556)

Master and Commander

"Constantly" comes to mind Dan!

docbeeghly
Posted 2009-02-24 6:01 AM (#24575 - in reply to #24556)
Senior Crew

I saw this post and thought very seriously about applying for the job (for about two minutes) then it occurred to me that after about 3 beers I might be an embarrASSment to the rest of you fine upstanding submariners, three beers and I'd probably be making passes at all your wives (and/or significant others) and after about a six pack you'd probably have to find a replacement bartender who could still stand up. Then too there might be one of them BASH broads in attendance who would want to plant one of them slobbery smooches on me and no one would get any service as I would be in hiding. so relucktantly I must decline this opertunity to serve this distinguished bunch of shipmates.
The beagle doc
Ric
Posted 2009-02-24 8:15 AM (#24580 - in reply to #24575)

Plankowner

Come on Doc. A number of us have seen you in action. I first saw you at Mobile after "action".. Then of course there is always Baltimore, there you were never an embarASSment to anyone....

crystal
Posted 2009-02-24 4:40 PM (#24602 - in reply to #24556)

Master and Commander

Doc, The reason that we had to rule out Olgoat from the get go was his 24" soaking wet tongue that he constantly reams out ears with (guys only!), Like that dude in "KISS" - he is not an embarrassment - just uncontrolable! 

Corabelle
Posted 2009-02-24 5:44 PM (#24605 - in reply to #24580)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: I'm probably a party pooper, but...

why would any MAN think another MAN/MEN would be interested in seeing his bare behind?

Cora
TSpoon
Posted 2009-02-24 9:19 PM (#24610 - in reply to #24556)
Great Sage of the Sea

Cora, obviously you have never been submerged for 50-70 days sans female company. I think that will explain it.LOL

John, I tried bartending at the Gate Bar one saturday afternoon so we could play pool in the Dolphin Lounge next door. Jack said I gave away too many bottles of beer and fired me after only two or three hours.

Hardest work I ever did down there besides striking out with that gorgeous lesbian bar maid after her girl (?) friend came in to walk her home. We submariners had all talked it over and were convinced we could change her course. Of course the talk and decision was fueled by many, many bottles of Bud.

T.Spoon, DBF
crystal
Posted 2009-02-25 5:08 AM (#24613 - in reply to #24556)

Master and Commander

Ahh the Gate Bar and the Harnish Brothers!  Poker games behind closed doors, police in their pocket, quite a time back then in Key West, no wonder it turned into gay haven, where else could it go after a squadron of submarines left?

BTW: the gal wasn't a lesbian, she was probably my first wife who never could find satisfaction again after we split!  LOL

Olgoat
Posted 2009-02-25 7:57 AM (#24619 - in reply to #24556)

Mess cooking

Screwed up posting attempt #1...

Edited by Olgoat 2009-02-25 8:29 AM
Olgoat
Posted 2009-02-25 8:17 AM (#24623 - in reply to #24556)

Mess cooking

Really screwed up attempt #2

(can a TM EVER learn??)

Edited by Olgoat 2009-02-25 8:31 AM
Olgoat
Posted 2009-02-25 8:24 AM (#24624 - in reply to #24556)

Mess cooking

Well John,

Too bad, as I just might have let you use my two 'strikers' for the event!!

olgoat

PS - In case yur eyesight is going south, the lil' bunny in black is Steph Larimore, Miss June 2006. The other one is a bit older bun... er, rabbit.

http://www.olgoat.com/images/SL_JUN06.JPG

(sl_jun2006.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments sl_jun2006.jpg (78KB - 617 downloads)
steamboat
Posted 2009-02-25 2:53 PM (#24644 - in reply to #24610)
Master and Commander

Tim, the reason your bartending career ended so quickly is that you insisted on pooring drinks from the seat of your Harley. Betty told you to park that hog on the street, Ya duffis!!!
Steamboat sends
Blue from West Oz
Posted 2009-02-25 4:21 PM (#24645 - in reply to #24624)

Master and Commander

"like honey and bees
the sheilas swarm around the fore-endies"

Nice photo there Olgoat, I take it this is what I have to look forward to when I am staying at your home in a few weeks time?

just don't let Ric know.........

Blue *_*
crystal
Posted 2009-02-25 4:44 PM (#24649 - in reply to #24556)

Master and Commander

Either the one on the left or right can tend bar for me ANYTIME! (just keep that cretin in the middle on his leash!)  LOL

Ric
Posted 2009-02-25 5:06 PM (#24650 - in reply to #24645)

Plankowner

Too late, .....we voted and yours in the middle....
crystal
Posted 2009-02-26 6:26 AM (#24655 - in reply to #24556)

Master and Commander

Yeh Ric, like you and that turd in your front pocket really constitute a vote in the manner!

You still steamed about the "I WAS A TAD RIDER" comment?  Just think about all the spooks we carried aboard for entire patrols who actually did something besides shine shoes and make coffee -

PINGGGGG!!!

(speaking of coffee, I'm ready now - ehh Ralphy?)

Ric
Posted 2009-02-26 7:36 AM (#24656 - in reply to #24655)

Plankowner

Like I say John. I have nothing to apologize about. Navy gave me orders, I followed them.
crystal
Posted 2009-02-27 5:43 AM (#24670 - in reply to #24556)

Master and Commander

Wow, that's deep Ric! (kinda front line, warrior like).

Ric
Posted 2009-02-27 9:02 AM (#24672 - in reply to #24670)

Plankowner

Yeah, ain't it. It seems to your problem though, not mine.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software