Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: USS Irex SS-482 was the first US submarine fitted with an operational snorkel at Portsmouth Naval Shipyard in 1946.
Obit Messenger results for 02/28/09.
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Pig
Posted 2009-02-28 8:05 AM (#24683)
Plankowner

Subject: Obit Messenger results for 02/28/09.

- (Sacramento Bee)
CABALLERO, Sr., Fred M., 78, passed away in his home in Las Vegas, NV on February 22, 2009. Fred graduated from Grant Union High School and served his country as a submariner in the U.S. Navy for over twenty years, attaining the rank of Senior Chief Petty Officer. He served his last assignment as Chief of the Boat aboard the nuclear submarine USS Plunger (SSN-595). No services.

- (Daily Press)
HIBBERT, Edmund Lee, 74, passed away suddenly Thursday, February 26, 2009 at the Naval Medical Center Portsmouth, VA. Born June 21, 1934 in Trenton, NJ, he was the son of the late Edmund Burke Hibbert and Ruth Rogers Hoff. Lee was a member of the congregation and choir at St. Andrew's United Methodist Church in Portsmouth. He served his country, with honor, in the U.S. Navy for over 21 years and was a retired electrical planner with Metro Machine Corp. Lee was a member of the Submarine Veterans Association of Hampton Roads, American Legion Post #57 in Suffolk, and served as the 2008 Zone 1 Governor for the Ruritan Club. Lee is survived by his loving family, including his wife of 49 years, Alice "Judy" Hibbert; his daughter, Lynn Riessen (Rodney) of Somerville, TN.; and grandson, Scott Riessen of Jackson, TN. He was preceded in death by his brother, Ronald Hibbert. The family will receive friends from 6 to 8 p.m. Sunday, at Baker-Foster Funeral Home, Bennett's Creek Chapel, 5685 Lee Farm Lane, Suffolk. A service will be conducted at 11 a.m. Monday, March 2, 2009, by the Rev. Michael Reeves, at St. Andrew's UMC, 5615 Portsmouth Blvd., Portsmouth, followed by burial, with full military honors, in Meadowbrook Memorial Gardens. A reception will be held at the church immediately after the burial. In lieu of flowers, the family asks that donations be made, in Lee's memory, to the St. Andrew's UMC "CMC". Condolences may be registered at www.rwbakerfh.com. View and post condolences on our online guestbook at dailypress.com/guestbooks.

Doc Gardner
Posted 2009-02-28 12:34 PM (#24684 - in reply to #24683)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Obit Messenger results for 02/28/09.

Ed Hibbert was another Skipjack shipmate of mine. I'm sure I have his signature on my Qual Card and wish I could find it.
Rest Your Oar Shipmate,
Those of us who remain have assumed the watch
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software