Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "THAT'S NICE THAT THE ELECTRICIAN AND A-GANGERS WORKED ALL NIGHT TO GET THE DIESEL GENERATOR READY, BUT WE'RE NOT GETTING UNDERWAY UNTIL EVERY TOASTER IN THE WARDROOM PANTRY IS WORKING" quoted during Tautog's DustPac '85-86 Deployment
Sea Cat sailor
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Stoops
Posted 2009-03-10 4:09 PM (#24917)
Master and Commander

Subject: Sea Cat sailor

Had a vendor call on me this pm who said his dad was on the USS SeaCat....name of his dad was Chris R. Phillips. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks for your help
PaulR
Posted 2009-03-10 6:08 PM (#24923 - in reply to #24917)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Sea Cat sailor

Stoops - 2009-03-10 7:09 PMHad a vendor call on me this pm who said his dad was on the USS SeaCat....name of his dad was Chris R. Phillips. Can anyone confirm this?Thanks for your help

The Sea Cat Assoc has him listed (IC 59-62 )
TSpoon
Posted 2009-03-10 11:18 PM (#24926 - in reply to #24917)
Great Sage of the Sea

A shipmate of mine aboard the Tirante, Pat Hogan MM1(SS), just sent me this reply to the question.
====================================================
Tim:
I can confirm this, Chris was an IC2 when discharged in June 1962. I was talking to him at the Jacksonville, Fla. reunion a couple of years ago. The skipper before Tate on the Tirante, who served on Sea Cat showed up, I missed him(can't remvber his name, starts with a "C", can picture him in my mind), one hell-of a nice guy, have very good memories from serving under him, Chris had both of his boys and wife there too. Pulled some good liberty with him.
Chris got out in mid 62 and went to work for Ma Bell and retired in the Keys where he worked, was a manager of some kind. Was asked to come back to duty for the Katrina repairs and was home based in Covington, LA. where I now live. I have sone good memories of Chris too. The IC1 he worked under just passed away a few months ago, Leroy Goodwin. Goodwin kept the crew laughing all the time, could have the best time on two or three beers than anyone I know.
----- Original Message -----
=========================================

Enjoy,
T.Spoon, DBF
Stoops
Posted 2009-03-11 5:01 AM (#24927 - in reply to #24917)
Master and Commander

Thanks, shipmates!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software