Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "When you shoot at a destroyer and miss, it's like hit'in a wildcat in the ass with a banjo” -- Chief Officer Steward Dogan on the USS Gurnard during WWII
The lastest report from Ski
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Don Gentry
Posted 2009-03-10 5:51 PM (#24922)

Admin

Subject: The lastest report from Ski

From Ski and Co....

Thanks to the hard work of Sue Rainey to help me move this project forward and to the many many donors of patches in a short period of time we have now laid out all five displays.  The one on the easel is the 52 lost boats already glued and ready for labeling.  The one on the dining room table is of the museum boats and the Disney patch section - the other three are the remaining boats.

The oak displays will be finished and stained by the end of next week.  We will have a finished and lost boat insert to share with you by March 20th.

We are working on a labeling system but all labels are done will include the donors name under each patch or a designated donor given by those that sent them in -- if anyone would like to honor someone send that name to me and if we have any patches that have no donor name we will add it with the donors name as we can put two names on each patch.

We will have a plaque honoring all Medal of Honor winners including TM2(SS) Henry Breault from the 0-5).

Lost boats will include all lost boats including the Hunley, Thresher, Scorpion, Cochino and Stickleback.

I know when we are all framed, labeled and glued this will be one hell of a tribute to all those that served in WWII and followed them into the 60's and to the decommissioning of all the diesel boats.

We are far ahead of the schedule we started with thanks to all of you and Sue and I are deeply greatful to the way you supported us and the quickness of your response.

Thanks again

Dick Jarenski Cdr/Secy Sterlet Association

Sue Rainey  Treasure Sterlet Association

520 744 0869

(branson patch 3-10 004.jpg)

(branson patch 3-10 005.jpg)

(branson patch 3-10 007.jpg)

(branson patch 3-11 001.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments branson patch 3-10 004.jpg (61KB - 554 downloads)
Attachments branson patch 3-10 005.jpg (57KB - 545 downloads)
Attachments branson patch 3-10 007.jpg (60KB - 539 downloads)
Attachments branson patch 3-11 001.jpg (67KB - 555 downloads)
Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-03-11 5:58 AM (#24930 - in reply to #24922)
COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: The lastest report from Ski

Thanks, Don, for posting. Looks like "Ski & Co." have done a great job.
John396
Posted 2009-03-11 10:51 AM (#24934 - in reply to #24930)
Old Salt

Sure looks great!!! Hope Warshot is honored.
Skii
Posted 2009-03-11 2:08 PM (#24941 - in reply to #24922)

Great Sage of the Sea

Thanks for your post John - it is this kind of input that will help us honor those on the BBS and from submarine chapters people want recognized -- I will do a recognition for "Warshot" either on the skipjack where I now have room and possibly with the Seal where he did the 367 depth charges on one patrol or if possible both.

Don has given me list and others, we are not yet into labelling so if anyone has someone special or a boat they would like us to do if we can (remember many have been filled with an honoree already, but we have room and can list them in places even if not where you send us, but send us anyone you want honored - email to me rjarenski@aol.com and I will let you know what we can do - labelling will begin very soon and once dont I cannot change them)

Thanks for any help you can give

ski
Sterlet Assn Cdr/Secy
Branson submarine patches of WWII memorial
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software